Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suitsupply $399 line added styles! (including Navy)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Here's the Pants sized for the anorexic guys, that's as far as I could move my leg forward. That's a 32L waist was quite snug but fit fine, just couldn't take stairs or a normal stride. Quality is well above Lands End linen pants.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    The linen suit jacket is the best fitting jacket you've posted. It is worlds ahead of your MTM suits.

Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    40L Napoli in Navy (Looks identical colour to website btw)
    This is the second best fitting suit that you've posted on the forums, after that linen suit. FYI: The Napoli comes in ~3 shades of blue. You can always call up one of the stores and order over the phone if they don't list the lighter shades of blue on the website. You can also order suit separates over the phone in a few styles.

SuitSupply's trouser sizing is odd. They provide different waist sizes depending on whether you order a long, regular, or short jacket.

Shad0w, I cannot stress this enough: these jackets look amazing on you, and they put your previous suits to shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, the suitsupply's look excellent on you.

I also noticed their pants cut differently for each length. I ordered a short and regular Napoli to compare recently and the short pants were extremely baggy in the leg and seat. I would have needed another 20-30 pounds for them to fit well.
    Last edited by woofermazing; April 24th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm going to get the Napoli in blue I think, love the material, the Linen actually fits terrible around the chest, could have at least an inch taken in but they have a surprising trim fit out of the box...except the pants, the Linen suit is getting returned due to the pants being way too baggy.

That's kind of funny about the fit, both suits have a LOT of extra room in the mid section

Of note as well is the MTM suits were done for me at 180lbs and I'm 190 now so I ordered for that knowing shoulder sizing much better now;My bone ends at 18.25 but I need about a 18.75 shoulder to accommodate deltoids.

For sure like the longer jacket length as I believe Brusch mentioned a few months back...shoulda listened

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    shad0w, I think that you're confusing extra room in the mid section for good drape. Those jackets create a perfect silhouette on you. If you take them in further, you'll give yourself an hourglass figure.

Compare the Dragon Inside suit to the Suit Supply suits (especially the one in linen). Both of the Suit Supply suits give you a masculine silhouette; you look muscular with an overall inverted V shape. In comparison, the Dragon Insider suit makes you look emaciated and feminine with an hourglass silhouette and a short jacket.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Aye definitely noticed that when I was posting the pics even.
    Damn you and your compliments, I'm debating on trading out the linen for the Havana Linen casual jacket(summer weddings)...I was just going to get 1 suit, now it looks like a suit and a jacket

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    I'm going to go with bruschetta here, except that I prefer the look of the navy over the linen. Only needs some sleeve lengthening and pants hemming. Damn, I hope I can find an OTR suit to fit like that whenever I actually need one.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How would you guys who have worn both compare the Napoli fit to BR's Tailored Fit? I wear a 38R in the Italian-wool line at BR and it fits me perfectly OTR. The newer BR Tailored Fit suits are not feeling so good compared to last year so I'm trying to switch to SS in hopes that the Purple Line will feel and move better.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    HKW, SS has the sizes for each cut etc on the website under the size advisor, so if you can get the BR sizing, you could easily compare.

Also don't forget free shipping and returns on orders over $500

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    In my experience, the Napoli fits slightly large, larger than BR tailored fit. I sized down from a 36R to a 35R for a similarly snug fit.

P.S. They don't make 35R anymore, for the record... they seem to have switched to 34.

P.P.S. I took some measurements the other day and I've actually got a 38" chest. Not sure why none but the tiniest jackets ever fit me. Mumblegrumble.
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; April 27th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Ben