Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nordstrom's- really bad and frustrating experience.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Nordstrom's- really bad and frustrating experience.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by myurick62; December 14th, 2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Ugh.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Wow, that sucks. I shop at Nordstrom's online and in store often and have had nothing but outstanding customer service experiences. I've never used Haute Looks, but used to go to Nordstroms Rack all the time and never had a problem there. I definitely see where your frustration is coming from, but personally don't think I would write off all their affiliates just from that one issue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So many great hassle free retailers out there. Why screw around with sub-par and annoying. Thanks for the empathy, though.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Haute Look is, by definition, a "last ditch" flash-sale site. Basically the very final stock of something, factory 2nds, returns, whatever. Their TOS does state that they make "every reasonable effort" to maintain live stock on the site but if 3 people all click "confirm order" at virtually the same time, it's reasonable that two of them may end up unhappy. It's a shame but it's how things work sometimes. Their reaction isn't the greatest, but in the end if they don't have any more then they can't sell you the boots no matter how bad you wanted them.

sorry you had a bad experience.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Haute Look is, by definition, a "last ditch" flash-sale site. Basically the very final stock of something, factory 2nds, returns, whatever. Their TOS does state that they make "every reasonable effort" to maintain live stock on the site but if 3 people all click "confirm order" at virtually the same time, it's reasonable that two of them may end up unhappy. It's a shame but it's how things work sometimes. Their reaction isn't the greatest, but in the end if they don't have any more then they can't sell you the boots no matter how bad you wanted them.

sorry you had a bad experience.
    Yeah, that. Hautelook is there lowest branch with the most volatile inventory. I have had countless easy experiences with Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack. Sucks you missed the deal, but if they had a huge stock of firsts, they wouldn't be that cheap. Deals are deals for a reason.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    *looks at OP's post count*

*passes the salt bowl around*
    Ben

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

hey at least it's a change from the ones who pop in to ask about backpacks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Absolutely, feel free to ignore. I am new so I am obviously lying. Please buy all of your crap at Nordstrom's.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I get it- but they are selling identical boots presently. I just think it's cheesy. Disappointed that it took over a week for them to tell me also. No big deal, I'll just buy my stuff somewhere else. Maybe I expected too much. Sometimes other people like to hear about bad experiences, so they aren't disappointed also.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myurick62 View Post
    I get it- but they are selling identical boots presently. I just think it's cheesy. Disappointed that it took over a week for them to tell me also. No big deal, I'll just buy my stuff somewhere else. Maybe I expected too much. Sometimes other people like to hear about bad experiences, so they aren't disappointed also.
    The "identical" ones at Nordstrom.com are probably first quality. The Hautelook boots are probably seconds or returns.