Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown & Buckle - Watch Straps

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The gap on the Edifice is pretty normal-sized, either HD or regular NATO would probably work fine. If you do go regular, I'd recommend upgrading to C&B's new "premium" NATOs, which are sewn rather than just heat-sealed, and come with a wider variety of hardware options.

My personal preference in most cases is for a regular NATO over the heavy duty style, if that makes any difference. I just find that the slightly thinner strap is more comfortable to wear.
    Thanks for the info. I was checking some out (including one of the premium ones) on C&B's site earlier. Now the question is which one(s) to get. Got any opinion on which of these would look good on the white-faced watch? I'm looking for something with a little color, but nothing over the top.

http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps...nato-20mm.html

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    I really like grey and olive drab straps for white dials. But I like straps that are a bit neutral.

You might like this red and blue premium strap:

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I really like grey and olive drab straps for white dials. But I like straps that are a bit neutral.

You might like this red and blue premium strap:

Yea, that's actually the one I was looking at earlier. If I decide to go with a navy/red strap, I'll probably end up getting that one (as opposed to the standard one).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    What is the quality difference between the normal NATOs and the HD NATOS? Do you recommend one vs the other for certain types of watches?
    LesserBlackDog pretty much covered it. The HD NATOs are good for big/heavy watches like dive watches and tactical/tool watches. They are thicker and stiffer, and can help balance the weight of a larger watch better. In most cases a regular NATO strap is perfect, especially with our new premium NATO straps which is kind of the best of both worlds. The nylon on those is just slightly stiffer for better watch control, but they also have the brushed, PVD, and gold finish options and have the nice looking stitched construction.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of placing an order... Does anyone know, are the premium Nato bands noticeably nicer than the ordinary ones? Worth the extra $? Also, how fast is first class mail? I kind of need for these to arrive by Friday.
    Last edited by Trueflame; July 30th, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    I'm thinking of placing an order... Does anyone know, are the premium Nato bands noticeably nicer than the ordinary ones? Worth the extra $? Also, how fast is first class mail? I kind of need for these to arrive by Friday.
    Can't say how fast it is yet for sure, but I ordered 2 bands on Sunday night and got the notification yesterday (Monday) that they had shipped. To compare though, the watch I bought the bands for on ebay shipped via USPS First Class mail on Friday from Texas and arrived at my house in New Hampshire on Monday.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    First class mail is the equivalent of putting a stamp on a letter and mailing it out. I believe C&B is based in Florida so the further you are from them, the longer it will take.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    They are noticeably nicer. The nylon is a different, tighter weave that just looks and feels nicer. The stitching is a nice touch. And having the hardware options can really be the deal maker for many.

First Class Mail service really depends on what part of the country you are in. We are in Palm Beach, FL, and the farther you are from us the longer it will take. Unless you are on the east coast, we recommend Priority Mail if you really need by Friday. Orders in by around 3pm EST ship the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    First class mail is the equivalent of putting a stamp on a letter and mailing it out. I believe C&B is based in Florida so the further you are from them, the longer it will take.
    It's the same service, correct. We do ship in padded mailers and ship it as a "package" so there is a tracking number supplied, however.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Love that you have the premium line now. I really prefer the PVD hardware option (and brushed for that matter) over the polished, and I'm glad I don't have to go HD anymore to get them. Keep on keeping on C&B!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Love that you have the premium line now. I really prefer the PVD hardware option (and brushed for that matter) over the polished, and I'm glad I don't have to go HD anymore to get them. Keep on keeping on C&B!