Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes for blue Summer Wedding Suiit?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Derek, I'll be honest and say that most people at the wedding probably won't notice your shoes. However, these are unattractive and too casual to pair with the suit you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    Medium brown is your safest bet for a shoe to get a lot of wear. Despite what bruschetta says (ah I love when I get to say that), a walnut shoe would look excellent with that color of blue.
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. Truly.

Do you have any suggestions for some brands that would have a good brown leather oxford around $200? I know AE is the preferred brand of just about everyone, but some guidance for something that a notch below would be really helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can try AE factory seconds by calling their outlet store. Factory seconds are shoes with minor imperfections. Otherwise: http://dappered.com/2012/05/the-best...s-under-200-2/
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    DSW would also be a good place to look. It might be a good time to try some sub $200 double monks.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I personally think you'd be fine with those shoes you posted (the walnut-ish bluchers). Look, we're talking about a partially-beached wedding here. Unless you are looking to fill a hole in your shoe arsenal going forward, and have the extra cash to spare, then I bet you will be just fine if you wear those. They look VERY similar, IMO (not *identical - don't call me out on that), to the AE Kenilworth (just the lighter hued version than most folks around here have and love). And although yes, a more formal oxford (closed-lace) AE option would most likely be a better choice and a better shoe altogether, I don't think you have to go buy some new ones just for this wedding. My two cents. If you're looking for new shoes anyway, then of course, go big and spend away! That's the fun part. Either way, enjoy yourself at the event.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    @bruschetta - no hard feelings!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    So after looking at a bazillion shoes, I settled on order a pair of these from 6 pm: http://www.6pm.com/to-boot-new-york-...fcTest=mat%3A1

I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt them with this suit, but I kinda got lured by the discount and figure I can't go wrong with the general versatility as an extra bullet in my chamber.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    I settled on order a pair of these from 6 pm: http://www.6pm.com/to-boot-new-york-...fcTest=mat%3A1...but I kinda got lured by the discount and figure I can't go wrong with the general versatility as an extra bullet in my chamber.
    Did you pay $210 for them? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's not much of a discount. That MSRP of $350 is a bit inflated. You can regularly find TBNY shoes at Saks Off 5th for well under $200. I got a pair of suede brogues for $140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I love double monks. Great color, too.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain