Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off the Rack Fitted Shirts

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    My understanding is that TM Lewin shirts are the same quality as CT, but they do better on the fits. I cannot guarantee this as I only have two CT shirts (the sleeves are a little baggy and still need to be taken in), so YMMV.
    My next shirt will probably be from TM Lewin to check out the fit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My understanding is that TM Lewin shirts are the same quality as CT, but they do better on the fits. I cannot guarantee this as I only have two CT shirts (the sleeves are a little baggy and still need to be taken in), so YMMV.
    My next shirt will probably be from TM Lewin to check out the fit.
    I can assert that the fits on a TM Lewin slim fit (wearing one today) is like a Frank and Oak shirt but with tails about 3" longer (which is why I am a TM Lewin fan). Quality is good for the price - they take the iron very well and don't tend to wrinkle. Nice solid collar too so no "saturday night fever" collar when you don't have a tie.

My go to shirts pretty much always now. Trying hard to resist picking some more up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    @AFCForever,
    Thanks for the notice. Will definitely be picking one up next time I need a dress shirt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I would suggest MTM shirts there are many web based companies that do a good job with cutomizing dress shirts according to your requirements and pricing is as competitive as an OTR shirt companies like Indochino,shirts my way, Natty shirts,proper cloth,Best custom shirts check them out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My friend just got his first custom shirt on my recommendation, he wanted to get this 3 button shirt in Clint Eastwood style he used in unforgiven. He is very happy with the fit as he never got one in his collar size that actually fits him. By the way he tried Natty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    I just today ordered three from Nordstrom and can report back when they arrive: John W. Trim Fit, 1901 Trim Fit, Calibrate Trim Fit. I expect they will be less to more fitted, in that order.