Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MTM shirts for $25! Natty Shirts Review

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    @Sigtweed - Natty Shirts is the best person to respond. But I noticed the same thing as you. Particularly on the Green Gingham. When you click on that pattern, the shirt appears on a torso mannequin/model with the fabric in question and the pattern looks like a much larger check than it does in the fabric close up. I emailed customer service and they said this was a problem with the rendering and the actual check size is closer to how it appears on the fabric swatch on the site.

Anyway, I take this to mean that it's hard to really see what the prospective shirt would look like. Clearly, this is still an operation in flux. They've updated their website a number of times over the last 6 weeks as they've been getting input from various fora.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diversification View Post
    I see a lot of the shirts listed as 0 shrinkage. Can anyone verify whether that claim is accurate? Is there any small-text to that claim? In other words, if I tossed one of the shirts in the washer and then the dryer, is the claim that it wouldn't shrink, or is it just saying "if you don't put these in the dryer, they won't shrink"?
    Thank you for your interest. We say 0% shrinkage because of our processing on fabric which is 100% Mercerized and you can check that once a 100% cotton fabric is 100% mercerized it won't shrink anymore. This process is specifically designed to control the shrinkage. Even then if you have read our reviews thoroughly on different forums then you would yourself feel that none of the customer had to face this shrinkage issue if opted the 100% mercerized fabric.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeardedmike View Post
    @Sigtweed - Natty Shirts is the best person to respond. But I noticed the same thing as you. Particularly on the Green Gingham. When you click on that pattern, the shirt appears on a torso mannequin/model with the fabric in question and the pattern looks like a much larger check than it does in the fabric close up. I emailed customer service and they said this was a problem with the rendering and the actual check size is closer to how it appears on the fabric swatch on the site.

Anyway, I take this to mean that it's hard to really see what the prospective shirt would look like. Clearly, this is still an operation in flux. They've updated their website a number of times over the last 6 weeks as they've been getting input from various fora.
    You are absolutely right redbeardedmike this is absolutely an issue on rendering side that sometimes streches the fabric in some way that the check or design is blown up. But in order to offer max number of options for this campaign Natty Shirts is focused on providing options for designing and our tech team is constantly working on these issues and hopefully will get it fixed ASAP. Till then just remember that the fabric swatches are 100% identical to the actual fabrics so you can guess from them how the shirt will actually look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Interesting. Think I will wait and see some reviews before I pull the trigger. Is it me or they did jack up the MSRP/ pre-sale price for the shirts from 39.99 to 99.99 just a day or two ago? Also, does anybody know how much shipping is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chang View Post
    Interesting. Think I will wait and see some reviews before I pull the trigger. Is it me or they did jack up the MSRP/ pre-sale price for the shirts from 39.99 to 99.99 just a day or two ago? Also, does anybody know how much shipping is?
    $15 flat fee if I remember correctly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chang View Post
    Dear Chang the prices were in actual $99.99 but are reduced for this sales time period only. Xeones25 is right the shipping is $15 flat for whole order. Along with that if someone orders 5 or more shirts we send them one shirt as trial first and then the remaining shirts are shipped without any extra charge for shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Gah, I've never designed my own shirt and never noticed all these options!

Quick style help guys. Going blue gingham. I like the wide spread. 2 pleats. But what kind of cuffs? Corner or Round?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
    Gah, I've never designed my own shirt and never noticed all these options!

Quick style help guys. Going blue gingham. I like the wide spread. 2 pleats. But what kind of cuffs? Corner or Round?
    The three gingham shirts I ordered I went with wide spread collar, side pleats, round single button cuffs, round pocket (two flat bottom and one round bottom), and split yoke.

I ordered five (well ordered four, then sent an e-mail asking if I could add one more so I could do the test fit) so I'll post a "review" and pictures when I get my first one (green gingham with the round bottom pocket). My only other experience with custom shirts is nakedthread (great shirt) and am waiting on one from Arden Reed. My favorite shirts are three slim fits from Lands' End that I had tailored.
    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having lots of emails asking for the finish date of this march madness campaign. This will end on 31st of march 2013 and is not extendable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones25 View Post
    The three gingham shirts I ordered I went with wide spread collar, side pleats, round single button cuffs, round pocket (two flat bottom and one round bottom), and split yoke.

I ordered five (well ordered four, then sent an e-mail asking if I could add one more so I could do the test fit) so I'll post a "review" and pictures when I get my first one (green gingham with the round bottom pocket). My only other experience with custom shirts is nakedthread (great shirt) and am waiting on one from Arden Reed. My favorite shirts are three slim fits from Lands' End that I had tailored.
    Thanks for the tips! I understand everyone has their own preferences. What about the front? Regular or sport?

Sure wish natty's site could just let you search for gingham patterns.

edit* - guys when you size do you put in all your dimensions or just the basic collar, sleeve and waist and they put in the general sizing for the others? When I measure myself do I put my exact number that I get after measuring multiple times or should I add a little more slack say an extra inch per measurement when I input?
    Last edited by obnoxious2; March 25th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.