Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I can't. I don't own any.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Well, I feel better. I returned them. I have to say, though, the return experience at BR was not overly pleasant. Very grumpy SA, very thorough inspection of the pants, asked me twice why I was returning them. Not friendly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbun13 View Post
    Can you guys measure the circumference/width of the leg opening for the tailored slims and post it on here please?
    I'll be able to tomorrow.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Well, I feel better. I returned them. I have to say, though, the return experience at BR was not overly pleasant. Very grumpy SA, very thorough inspection of the pants, asked me twice why I was returning them. Not friendly.
    Well that sucks. I have had nothing but very pleasant experiences when I have returned items to BR. In fact they took back a pair of cords from which I had even removed all of the the tags/cards. I took off the tags without even trying them on, as I thought they were going to fit like all of my other BR pants. They did not. They were the "Straight" fit vs the "Vintage Straight" that I mentioned in an earlier comment here. They fit itself was different, but more so the length was way off. I was worried that they would balk at that one, without the original tags attached. Not an issue at all.

I wish you much better experiences, if need be, in the future with BR.

I should add that I *did* have a less-than-great experience with one SA at a local BR, but that was when I was expecting certain items to be included in a particular sale, as they were included in the same sale on their website, but were not included in-store. They told me that they are separate entities and can include/exclude items differently, even for the same exact "sale." Weird. Anyway, the manager stepped in and matched the online prices for me that time, but the SA was not at all happy with that move.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Who knows. They might have been having a bad day. And I had in fact removed all the tags (but had kept them), so maybe that's what made them suspicious. I normally don't return things, so I'm in the habit of removing tags almost as soon as I'm inside the door at home.

I went to J. Crew immediately afterwards but didn't see any dress pants that grabbed my attention. I wish J. Crew would step things up a little in that department.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I went to J. Crew immediately afterwards but didn't see any dress pants that grabbed my attention. I wish J. Crew would step things up a little in that department.
    Me too! Their only patterned dress pants are suit pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbun13 View Post
    Can you guys measure the circumference/width of the leg opening for the tailored slims and post it on here please?
    8.5 inches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm I find their pants hit or miss. I dont think they are manufactured in in the same countries and therefore the sizes/quality.
    I also find most of the their wool pants to be very thin. So although the cuts are great- and look great- I have to wonder about value for the money I spend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Me too! Their only patterned dress pants are suit pants.
    I don't see many patterned dress pants. I understand keeping chinos simple. I wouldn't want patterned chinos. I have a small-checked grey dress pants from J. Crew but I sure haven't seen any other patterns.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake89 View Post
    8.5 inches
    That's a fairly big opening. My classic fit J. Crew dress pants are 7.5, and they sometimes seem to big.