Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Warby Parker Experience?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I had a great experience with them for a pair of sunglasses. They came in and were lopsided, they felt awkward on my face, when i laid them on a table they were not flush on both sides. They took them back no questions asked, shipped the new pair out immediately, before I even had a chance to put the first pair back in the mail. Had a chance to wear them today and they fit great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've just only recently heard about Warby Parker. It was actually through looking up more info on Beckett Simonon and seeing them compared to Warby Parker (http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/th...t-simonon.html).

But it looks like most of the comments on this thread, other than davidw25's, are related to their prescription glasses. Does anyone else have further experience with their non-RX sunglasses? It doesn't seem like it's as much of a value when just buying the non-RX sunglasses when you could find some Ray-Bans for similar prices. I do like some of their stylings but it seems like the comments are saying the quality could be better. Any one that could chime in with more info on their sunglasses, it would appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boldface View Post
    I've just only recently heard about Warby Parker. It was actually through looking up more info on Beckett Simonon and seeing them compared to Warby Parker (http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/th...t-simonon.html).

But it looks like most of the comments on this thread, other than davidw25's, are related to their prescription glasses. Does anyone else have further experience with their non-RX sunglasses? It doesn't seem like it's as much of a value when just buying the non-RX sunglasses when you could find some Ray-Bans for similar prices. I do like some of their stylings but it seems like the comments are saying the quality could be better. Any one that could chime in with more info on their sunglasses, it would appreciated. Thanks.
    Good point. I think the only real value is with the cost of their Rx lenses compared to others. You should give their free at home fittings promotion a try though and see how they work out for you first hand. That's what I did prior to ordering my Rx eyeglasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried their sunglasses, non-prescription?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Not their sunglasses, but I'm about to buy a pair of regular prescription glasses. I did the home try on, which is pretty cool, but am also gonna stop by their pop-up location in DC this weekend just to confirm my choice! They've got great frames.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    THey have been super successful so they are doing something right. THey recently crossed the 500,000 units sold mark. unbelievable. I love my pair and supporting companies like this.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    This is my first post on this site, and I hesitate to make a promotion for a company, but here goes. If any mods see this, I am a real human being, am not employed by any kind of fashion/style/manufacturing type job in any capacity, and am not receiving any form of compensation for mentioning the website I'm about to mention. I'm bringing it up only as a satisfied customer and a possible alternative for Warby-Parker.

I've worn glasses since I was 10, and my most recent pair is from a site called eyebuydirect. The glasses are about 8 months old and are holding up great. I paid about 70 bucks for them, including shipping. My prescription, off the top of my head, is about 20/250. The frames are durable and stylish without being too attention-demandy, if that makes sense. I think it's worth taking a poke around- if you find a reasonable clone of something you want, you might score a great deal. I lucked out and didn't need to return/exchange anything, so I can't speak to their customer service. The shipping was quite quick, though.
    --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Warby Parker experience is incredible, it's no wonder they have gained such hype and attention throughout the last couple of years.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
    Has anyone tried their sunglasses, non-prescription?
    I have a pair and am very satisfied with the quality, price, and overall experience. My one minor quibble, and this is more of a personal issue, not necessarily something that is their fault, but I found the majority of their frames to be on the small side, probably due to the unisex nature of a lot of their styles. But, outside of that , they are awesome. I would definitely buy another pair.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I've got two pairs in the mail, I'll let you know the final verdict once I've received them!