Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Warby Parker Experience?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I had a phenomenal experience with them. My vision is near perfect but my optometrist recommended I get a pair of glasses to wear while sitting in front of the computer for 14+ hours/day. They shipped fast and when I made a mistaken selection, the return and exchange process was flawless, taking less than a week. I'm wearing them right now!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've posted this here before but probably worth repeating that my WP's slip a good amount. And I've seen other WP wearers for whom the glasses were sitting crooked. Don't know if that's standard for plastic frames or not, but I have to imagine higher end ones stay put better, whether b/c of spring-loaded hinges or w/e.

For $95 you're getting way better value than with most glasses, but you're also, I think, getting what you pay for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    How did you guys measure your PD? Do it yourself? I'm thinking about trying WP if my insurance will pay for most of it but want to make sure I get it right.
    if you have a webcam on your computer, you can use the WP app on the website. pretty slick. if not, you can go to an optician and have it measured. usually it's free, but i think i read that if the optician charges you, you can submit a receipt to WP and they will reimburse you. btw, i did both methods and got the same number, so for me the app was pretty reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i bought two pairs of glasses. both are excellent and holding up well over the last few months. no issues. i think they are good quality. can't beat them for the price. for me, with the convenience and the excellent customer service and it's was a no brainer. i check the website every so often for any new frames i'd add to my collection.

i used to pay 400-600$ for a pair of glasses. now i realize that's the sucker price.
    Last edited by fash1on; February 28th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all!

I'm trying to wrap my head around the "get what you pay for". BUT I am getting my first pair of WBs today, well, placing an order.

Now the wait. Gah!

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I just ordered my first pair as well, got them in yesterday. I think its okay so far, I don't wear my glasses all that often so I don't need them to be "perfect". Taking it to a local optometrist's office to get them adjusted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased a pair about 6 months ago and have been happy with them. I tried on more expensive brands locally, but did not find any that I liked as much as WP. My only complaint is that smudges show up easily on the lenses and they are difficult to clean. Often I have to resort to soap and water. My optometrist explained that this is a problem with some AR coatings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeslick View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around the "get what you pay for".
    I've had by WPs for a year I'm not sure what this means either. They are the same material and construction as any glasses you would pay $200-$500 for at your optometrist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    I purchased a pair about 6 months ago and have been happy with them. I tried on more expensive brands locally, but did not find any that I liked as much as WP. My only complaint is that smudges show up easily on the lenses and they are difficult to clean. Often I have to resort to soap and water. My optometrist explained that this is a problem with some AR coatings.
    this happens to me when my dedicated lens cloth is dirty from multiple cleanings. if this is the case, give it a good wash in plain water, let dry, and that should fix it.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwilson View Post
    I've had by WPs for a year I'm not sure what this means either. They are the same material and construction as any glasses you would pay $200-$500 for at your optometrist.
    Strongly disagree with this... I've had some Perry Ellis plastic frames that I bought at my optometrist for around $200, that were noticeably nicer in terms of construction and feel than the Warby Parker models I tried on. I've tried on other plastic frames at Costco that were between $40-60 for the frames (+$30-70 for the Rx, depending on what you needed) that were as good as the WPs.

I really don't think Warby Parker is anything special in terms of quality (unless they have changed dramatically since I tried on a bunch last year). The price is decent for the complete package but I wouldn't compare the WPs to $500 frames.
    Ben