Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How wide is your belt for work?

I feel stupid asking this to be honest,
    I see most belts online (ie Hugo Boss) are about 1 1/8 inches wide ( 1.125 inches) ~2.86cm.
    but the black belt I wear to work is 3.5 cm (or 1.3 inches) wide - and basically fills the up the belt loop space which to me looks better then having a skinny belt and then having a more of the waist exposed. I understand that most wide belts are used for Jeans, but the one I use is fancy enough to get by.

So whats the deal- Do I slim down the belt width for the work enviroment, or does everyone else have it wrong and should be going wide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The last thing I need to to be worried about my belts. The one I wear the most often is 1.5" (dark brown), my light brown belt is slightly thicker (1.75" maybe?), and my black belt is probably closer to 1 1/8".
    I've never been able to bring myself to buy belts thinner than an inch. Looks too much like a woman's belt to me. Heck, even an inch seems too thin to me, I couldn't bring myself to purchase the red LEC belt this past weekend b/c it was so thin.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I just measured mine, it's 1.25". Seems fine for anything that isn't business formal. I wear a narrower one with suits, but that is because most of my suits have narrower belt loops. I guess if they had belt loops that were bigger, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this belt.