Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans

Got them back from the tailor yesterday and they feel comfortable as hell. They are a little snug around the waist but should loosen up in time(or so they claim). I like how the cut skirts my rather athletic thighs with just enough material to not make it feel like they are being strangled. A not-too-wide opening at the shoe ensures that I can wear it with boots or longwings as the occasion demands.

I got a pair of the To London and To Baja but found that the former drapes a lot better around my upper legs. Returned the latter.

I really like them.

I thought you should know.

<Insert obligatory "I do not work for them" AND/OR "I am not peddling coupon codes" statement>
    Last edited by aks; January 23rd, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, aren't they great? I picked up a pair back when they were called "Bull Denim" and love them. Not sure if they've made any tweaks since then, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    At $58 with a 30% off sale items code (there was one last weekend I think) these are a great deal. I haven't worn mine in a while, but I think I'll bust them out this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just got the Travel Jeans to Barcelona yesterday. Super comfortable. Rather than take it to the tailor, however, I sized down one in the waist due to the overwhelming suggestions from their reviews. I wanted the London's so bad but they only had boot cut in my size when I saw them. Still got these for 60% off and they aren't a super bright blue hue either (kind of Royal-ish)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took them to the tailor to get them hemmed since my inseams are generally 29" and I have kind of developed a fascination with the half-break. Sizing down one in the waist is the way to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I have 4 pairs of these now. Love them to death.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I have been interested in these but wonder what they are. Are they simply colored jeans, or are they similar to chinos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I only have one pair, but they fit great. Super comfortable and a tiny amount of stretch in the fabric. Love em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bremersm View Post
    I have been interested in these but wonder what they are. Are they simply colored jeans, or are they similar to chinos?
    They are lighter weight denim. Very comfortable.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    @bremersm -- colored jeans that are less denim-y than normal jeans, with a bit of stretch. I haven't come across another fabric like it. I'll just throw it out there to calm the tide of Bonobo-ners: I've ordered a few pair of these and had to return all... from my experience, they run substantially smaller/tighter than their washed chinos, and that just doesn't work for my waist/butt/thighs. I keep moving up a size or 2 each time to no avail, such that I'm now ranging up to a 38 next time... I want them to work, but we'll see...