Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like it. I think I found my birthday present.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the delay - here we go. Beautiful, is all I got. Best watch deal I've ever made.

Last edited by Margotron; February 11th, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Great stuff. For $35 that's a hell of a watch.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Nice snag! For $35? No question. Wear it in (dapperedly) good health!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Well, this was a total impulse buy after reading this thread yesterday. Snagged a store return on eBay for $45 shipped. We'll see what kind of condition it is in.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeardedmike View Post
    Well, this was a total impulse buy after reading this thread yesterday. Snagged a store return on eBay for $45 shipped. We'll see what kind of condition it is in.
    oh snapp. sounds better than mine.

general question: when/how do people wear metal bracelet watches? i am inclined to grab a leather band 99% of the time (from casual to dress). i always feel the metal clashes with everything im wearing. im even inclined to put this guy on a leather band and i BOUGHT it as a metal band watch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Margotron View Post
    general question: when/how do people wear metal bracelet watches? i am inclined to grab a leather band 99% of the time (from casual to dress). i always feel the metal clashes with everything im wearing. im even inclined to put this guy on a leather band and i BOUGHT it as a metal band watch
    Do you wear a lot of gold or something, Margotron? I'm a silver-toned metals kinda dude, myself (sterling silver necklace, platinum wedding band), so I feel like anything gold (watch-wise, or belt-wise) clashes with my wardrobe.

Otherwise, I can't see how a stainless-steel band (especially one like that Casio, which appears to be brushed or at least subdued/UN-shiny) would clash with anything at all, really. That's just IMO, of course.

Still, I wear leather strap watches more than I do SS bands, but not because I think the SS clashes. I just like pairing my watch band with my shoe leather, when appropriate, and when possible.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Margotron View Post
    oh snapp. sounds better than mine.

I consider stainless steel to be a neutral... you can wear it with just about anything. (See also: Silver-colored belt buckles, tie clips, wedding rings, cufflinks, etc.) Steel bracelets are traditionally a sportier style than leather, so it will tend to work better with more casual outfits, though the "dress diver" and other sport watches are so often worn with business attire these days that you can certainly wear it with a suit/coat without anyone batting an eye. Convention aside, I like to wear my steel bracelet watches with long sleeved shirts simply because they seem to slip easily under a sleeve, unlike bulkier leather or rubber straps that can sometimes catch your shirt cuff a bit.
    Ben

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I realize this is an older thread but want to bump it for all those that have this watch to share any kind of update, review or buyers remorse. The discussion on a current thread turned me onto this particular and, not wanting to thread-jack, stirred a multitude of questions about this watch.

Since people on Dappered are rather discerning and share critical opinions, I have more faith in my Dappered brethren verses the vanilla reviews I see on Amazon.

I appreciate anybodies input!
    Last edited by ajk170; May 20th, 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Working well for me. No buyer's remorse.