Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Can be had for ~70. Not trying to replicate the speedy here, but I appreciate the speedy look. And there simply are not too many speedy homages out there unlike divers galore. Solid end links - i might actually wear a bracelet! Wondering everyone's thoughts on white. I own a maratac, which is my daily beat, and the white is calllllllllling

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Two more

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WAIT - BENR - YOU OWN THIS WATCH. GET IN HERE! Hahaha

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/wat...ml#post4959209

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I still own my white one, though I wear it relatively infrequently. Awesome watch for the price. As I probably said on WUS, it's one of the best bacelets I've found on an affordable watch, certainly the best on a sub-$100 watch. The lume is fairly poor but other than that, no complaints. Case size is 40-41mm so reasonably large but not huge.

And, yes... the black one certainly bears a strong resemblance to the Speedy. It comes in a bunch of color variations as I recall, including blue with orange hands and a few versions with the same dial colors as above but gold markers instead of silver.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm reticent about the purchase not because i dont like the watch, but because i fear that i too will quickly stop wearing it. i always do this and frankly need to stop: drop Y amount on something, realize i actually want Y x 3, and then end up spending Y x 4 in the end. aka a nicer watch. my orients/maratac/CW get way more play than my seiko/timex editions now

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Margotron, I would wait for that Yx3 watch, then. I have one nice watch (Oris BC3), and on any given day, I need an excuse NOT to wear it. Otherwise, it goes on my wrist.

There are a ton of affordable watches people post that I like, and seem like great values, but I can't imagine grabbing them off the shelf before I grab my nicer watch.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I'm not going to advise on whether it's a good idea to buy or not in this situation. I'll just put in my $.02 and say that I kind of disagree with Mike. I've gone through a lot of different phases in my watch-collecting life, and I generally find I am happier owning a few mid level watches than one or two really high-end ones. I've owned a couple "luxury" watches and while they were certainly nice, they did not satisfy my desire for variety and versatility.

I like some variety and choice in my life. And, at a certain price point in watches, you're starting to pay more for things like brand prestige and movement pedigree rather than the aesthetics, functionality, and general build quality that I usually find more important.

Basically what I'm saying is, whether or not you're better off buying this watch now or saving up and waiting for something else you want really depends more on you than anything else.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    that is a pretty good looking watch! and for ~$70 i think it's a totally reasonable price
    Last edited by nftmlk; January 24th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Snagged one on eBay for 35. We'll see

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Margotron View Post
    Snagged one on eBay for 35. We'll see
    Amazing deal. Let us know what you think. Just out of curiosity did you bid or was that bin price?