Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Finds: Specific Item Deals Around the Net

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Someone please buy this Caruso in size 40 (they also have 38 and 44) so I'll stop clicking on it. Fully canvassed, 3 roll 2, side vents, etc. With the 10% off code it's $351.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41381328KG/it...1328KG&sizeId=

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Theknottery is doing a special preorder price on their grenadines of $40 each. Once they are back in stock in a month or two, their new price for them is going to be $65 each.
    http://theknottery.com/ties/grenadin...pre-order.html

I already own the burgundy one and can now finally get the navy one. I was wondering are there any other colors of grenadines that you think would be very versatile?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Theknottery is doing a special preorder price on their grenadines of $40 each. Once they are back in stock in a month or two, their new price for them is going to be $65 each.

I already own the burgundy one and can now finally get the navy one. I was wondering are there any other colors of grenadines that you think would be very versatile?
    Black for sure, bud.

Now, admittedly I may not be the best guy for this advice, as I don't wear a tie very often - but when I do (starting to sound like a Dos Equis commercial, sorry) I seem to grab either my black silk knit or my burgundy/wine silk knit. They seemingly go with everything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Anyone own the forest green? Seems like it would work well with Navy or Grey suits. Is the quality pretty good?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geauxtigers View Post
    Anyone own the forest green? Seems like it would work well with Navy or Grey suits. Is the quality pretty good?
    I have a burgundy and I think it's a great value for the price. My dream would be to own a navy grenadine by Drakes but that costs 3-4 times as much and I don't wear ties often enough to justify that.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    That's a pretty good price for grenadine! Just wanted to point out Paul Winston's grenadines are $49.50 although he's out of most everything right now. His are a touch wider too at 3.25" vs 3" from the Knottery. Anyway, once the Knottery goes up to $65 don't forget his are still cheaper: http://www.chippneckwear.com/italian-grenadine/

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I prefer the 3" although it's a slight difference compared to 3.25". The 1 thing I don't liek about Chipps ties are that they are the fine type of grenadine as opposed to Drake's that uses the grozza type. Theknottery grenadines are closer to the latter.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

The one they have listed as just "blue," which looks brighter than the navy, would probably be pretty versatile. I debated between the navy and that one for a bit before finally settling on the navy. My theory there is that I have enough vibrant ties in my collection, so I should probably err on the side of more sedate colors at this point.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    What are the most versatile colors for the grenadines? Don't own a very large tie collection.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I have a navy and burgundy grenadine from Kent Wang and just nabbed a forest green one on eBay for $55. I'm excited and I expect it to be versatile. I had been considering the Knottery, but I prefer ties to be 3.25" over 3" - at least on me. Still, this seems like a good deal. I almost went with silver or steel blue grenadines from KW and I think those would also be versatile.