Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Finds: Specific Item Deals Around the Net

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Ugh! What a drag. Is that a new restriction? I know the UK now has restrictions on shipping fragrances too.
    Fred, it beats me. At first they told AFPOS that the packages were lost, but now the story from the post office is that they've been held. It's a new one on me since I've bought Saphir products before without a problem. I assume that it's the suede spray that is causing the problem, but it seems like a weird thing to restrict.

Meanwhile, all I want is a darned bottle of Saphir's suede protector.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    A quick update on the Saphir-products-shipped-in-the-UK problem. The UK post office destroyed both packages of Saphir products. The UK post office now scans all parcels sent in the UK and destroys any that contain aerosol.

The post office also apparently blew up two pairs of shoe trees.

Sarah at AFPOS is sending a second replacement via an express courier. At this point I feel bad for AFPOS because they've lost money on my order.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Why would they destroy the shoe trees and anything else in there that's not an aerosol if it's just the aerosol they're banning?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Wow! These new restrictions must be a fairly recent development, right? I looked into ordering a bottle of Ormonde Man from the Ormonde Jayne web site and shipping was $58 for a single bottle. I asked them what the deal was and they replied "unfortunately as of January this year perfume was classified as a dangerous good and our courier royal mail would not take it on planes, the courier we had to work with was Fedex and they charge us a huge surcharge which is the reason for the very high priced shipping." If there was a major postal classification change in Jan, maybe all aerosols were banned too. Kinda surprised AFPOS wouldn't have known about the shipping restrictions though.

BTW, I ended up getting Ormonde Man from Essenza Nobile (http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/) with free shipping.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Vicious, government efficiency.

Fred, Absurd! The post office didn't let anyone know about the aerosol restriction. In fact, the support people didn't let AFPOS or me know about it until yesterday, nearly a month after the first package had been destroyed.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Good thing you didn't have a pair of Alfred Sargents in that order too, jeez!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=243690002

Gap Raw Selvedge (Straight Fit) for 34.99 with code GAPEXTRA. Barely misses free shipping. I really want to get it, but I'm not a huge straight fit fan.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I don't link to eBay stuff a lot, but this is a pretty cheap BIN. BB Peal, probably C&J maybe AS, algonquin split toe, brown grain, size 10D, BIN $58.99 + 10.99 shipping.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEAL-CO-BROO...item2eca5ac13f
    If I didn't already have the AS Charlton I'd buy these in a heartbeat. Almost bought 'em anyway, but since I'm not I figured I'd post 'em here. These won't last long.

(LOL at the 6.99 on the right heel.)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Nice find but 1 size too big for me.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Nice find but 1 size too big for me.
    They are my size, but with the AS Charlton and AE Delray I really don't "need" them. They are still available though ... let's see how much whisky I drink tonight, maybe they'll end up in that "drunk purchases" thread!
    Someone should get these though. They look like really good shoes in a really common size.