Thread: Black Belt Suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Black Belt Suggestions

I am in the market for a new black leather belt. I would like it to be versatile with dress slacks as well as jeans if possible. Cost would also be a factor. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    If you have a Costco membership, they've got full grain black dress belts and brown casual belts for $20. They feel really nice... definitely a good buy.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alternatively, you can follow the Reddit Guide to Making your Own Belt (full-grain) for $20-30 depending on sales, plus a little bit of your time. I did that for my black one. Right now Tandy Leather Factory also has finished belt blanks on sale for $15 and you would just need to purchase a buckle, not sure how well the quality of their finished ones goes compared to the DIY ones though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nordstrom Rack has good belts in the $20-30 range. I bought a brown Martin Dingman (Made in the USA if that matters to you) for $20. I couldn't find one in black made in the USA so I settled for made in India Joseph Abboud also $20.

Edit: After reading that reddit guide I now feel like my belts are crap haha.
    Last edited by onikage; December 8th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Believe it or not, Men's Wearhouse has some pretty nice belts made in Italy for $20.