Thread: Introducing myself...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Introducing myself...

I didn't see a pinned one like some forums have so here we go.

I just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello. I'm in my mid-30's and in my early to late-ish 20's I was actually pretty well dressed and looked after myself pretty well. Somewhere between then and now I've...stopped looking after myself and gained quite a bit of weight and seemed to have pretty much given up on looking and feeling good. What I think makes this even more sad is that I have a wife and small child who are my world.

The realisation that I need to start doing better has been a slow process but it's started and I'm hoping to rebuild myself and my wardrobe and become the better person I should have turned into instead of the one who is typing this.

Part of this is that I need to learn that I can spend less and get more, the total opposite of what I used to do. My first baby step is that I took advantage of a "buy one get one half price" sale at a shoe shop and layby'd two pairs of shoes (I'm actually on holidays and don't need them really until I go back to work) and bought a pair of blue Nike SB's (also on sale!) because I couldn't find any on sale slip-ons that I liked.

I've also recently invested again, because the process of using a safety razor is nice and it makes me feel good, in a Feather Popular safety razor and bought a suribachi from Daiso (cheap) to use as a shaving bowl.

There's some other small changes but you get the picture

So, "Hello!". I'll probably read more than I post but you never know. It would also be interesting to see how many other Australians are on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello, not Australian, but nice to meet you. I like your user name too.
    My brother and I decided to be identical twins just to confuse everyone. It's worked out really well so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Hello, not Australian, but nice to meet you. I like your user name too.
    Hi! ^_^