Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Cocktail

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    If I'm picking liquor it's either 7&7 or a simple rum & coke, but I can't remember the last time I paid for a mixed drink. It's probably been years. I stick to beer (or for special occassions, wine).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    When on a date night, or at nice restaurant and not feeling wine, I order a vodka martini, dirty, on the rocks, with extra olives. I had dinner years ago with a few gentlemen and saw one order it. Tried it, and love it.

At home and with friends, Bourbon is my go to.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    At a bar or restaurant, I often go with a specialty cocktail if they have one and it sounds decent (whiskey-based in the colder months, gin-based in the warmer months). Otherwise, I'll usually go for some kind of whiskey on the rocks or with soda. It's quick to make, which bartenders appreciate. I also on occassion go for a dry gin martini. I don't drink vodka. I even get my bloody marys with gin.

I will also often get a beer, if they have something decent on tap. That is, unfortunately, often not the case.

At home, however, I like to get creative.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Old Fashioned, usually with Rye, because I make Manhattans more at home.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I'll go for a good bourbon while my wife gets a dirty vodka martini...a very dapper pair.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff4 View Post
    When on a date night, or at nice restaurant and not feeling wine, I order a vodka martini, dirty, on the rocks, with extra olives. I had dinner years ago with a few gentlemen and saw one order it. Tried it, and love it.

At home and with friends, Bourbon is my go to.
    Whoa color me intrigued. I have never had a Dirty Martini on the rocks. I might need to try that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Gin Gimlet is my standard, though I'm always interested in trying something new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a bourbon guy and I've been drinking a few Manhattans over the past few months. While the rye is good, I like mine better with bourbon and on the rocks(mostly because I don't feel comfortable drinking from a martini glass).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sazerac if the bar has the absinthe/aperol & a mister. Any rye will do! At home, it's bourbon + agave + ginger shaken, club soda on top. Or just a short glass of rye or bourbon. If it's brown, drink it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Manhattans are a solid bet. If you have a decent bartender, a Negroni, or specifically a Cornwall Negroni is always good. With the proliferation of bars specializing in cocktails I usually order something unusual to try. If you're paying $, why not give something a whirl that you probably wouldn't have the ingredients for at home?