Thread: Help finding a red gingham french cuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help finding a red gingham french cuff!

So I am so lost. I have been looking for hours now and I am trying to find a red gingham french cuff. Please let me know if you know where I can grab one from.

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2002 Post(s)
    You may have a difficult time finding anything like this OTR. French cuffs are considered very formal, whereas a red gingham shirt is definitely on the casual end of the shirt spectrum. It's hard enough to find a simple white dress shirt with French cuffs, let alone anything more unconventional. You're about as likely to find this combo as you are to find tuxedo trousers in denim.

A custom shirt may be your only real option here.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised, but I actually found one: http://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/...gham-4964.html

It is expensive (from my perspective), at $139. But it is a red gingham shirt with french cuffs. I'm not familiar with Proper Cloth, but it looks like a pricier Ratio Clothing. So it probably isn't strictly OTR, but you will have greater sizing flexibility as they seem to offer shirts by either the usual neck/sleeve measurements or based on your custom measurements.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Any of these work?
    http://www.tmlewin.com/Shirts/Mens-S...our&prefv3=Red
    Carl Goldberg will make you a custom one at a reasonable price:
    http://www.cego.com/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    You could try itailor. As for me, I really wanted a red gingham shirt with a regular cuff. Fortunately, my mother is an excellent sower so she was able to make one for me. It turned out pretty well, considering it was the first shirt men's shirt that she has ever made.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Modern Tailor. Get french cuff, MOP buttons, spread collar, whatever your heart delight. and for under $100

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Ratio has them for $115.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    You may have a difficult time finding anything like this OTR. French cuffs are considered very formal, whereas a red gingham shirt is definitely on the casual end of the shirt spectrum. It's hard enough to find a simple white dress shirt with French cuffs, let alone anything more unconventional. You're about as likely to find this combo as you are to find tuxedo trousers in denim.

A custom shirt may be your only real option here.
    I would err on the side of caution here. There is a reason they are that expensive. As BenR said before, frnech cuff signify formal, and gingham is the polar opposite. I think that combo will be very hard to pull off. Good luck though, hopefully you have a plan of wearing this alot so as to get bang for buck.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I have a MTM light blue gingham (Dio Veritas) and a MTM brown gingham (Proper Cloth) and both are french cuff. They are a bit more challenging to pull off as you need to ground the pattern with the right tie if wearing in the workplace.