Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Wear Your KENSINGTON Blazer?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I'm a 38R, 32 waist as well (except for Bonobos pants where I'm a 31) and the medium Kensington fits me very well also. My only quibble is with the sleeves, which are way too long on me. That's not so difficult to fix, though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Just wondering how everyone wears it.
    I would slide my arms through the arms holes and let it drape over my shoulders.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    @Dave-I'm surprised you could do a medium, looking at the measurements in your sig. I'm a 42r (41") and I could've pulled an incredible hulk in the medium, but the large was like a circus tent. Maybe I should go try it on again.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    @Dave-I'm surprised you could do a medium, looking at the measurements in your sig. I'm a 42r (41") and I could've pulled an incredible hulk in the medium, but the large was like a circus tent. Maybe I should go try it on again.
    It was only slightly difficult to get on. Once it was one (with just a fitted t-shirt under) I felt comfortable in it.

Here is where the problems arise...
    I am able to shake hands and function all right eating at a table or writing at a desk, BUT I cannot bend over to pick anything up or reach above my chest. My movement is very limited. I have a 42 inch chest and normally wear a 40R. I purchased a Medium. Undecided at this point. Probably returning it.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wear it over whatever I'm wearing when I head out for drinks or shopping. Having the extra pockets for keys is great, and no matter what you'll look good. Favorite combo is jeans with a white ocbd over a henley. Has a more casual air than a v-neck sweater. I have no problems wearing it everywhere, if it gets stained or torn buying a new one is probably cheaper than cleaning, really.

I'm 6'3", with a 40 chest and the medium fits perfect if I'm moving around slightly. I can't really tie my shoes - it gets too tight around the shoulder/biceps - same thing if I'm driving, I have to hike the sleeves up a bit to get that mobility. Wondering if I should go large on the next one and get it adjusted. Not sure yet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ya i'm fairly excited for having these two blazers to just throw on and not really worry too much about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For those that have the grey, how does that color look in person? There's such a wide range of greys I'm reluctant to go off Target.com's picture. Trying to decide which of the navy, khaki, or grey to get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The grey is a great color...lighter than heather, maybe the slightest blue hue to it, it's a "cooler" grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    For those that have the grey, how does that color look in person? There's such a wide range of greys I'm reluctant to go off Target.com's picture. Trying to decide which of the navy, khaki, or grey to get.
    I asked the same question about the gray and someone replied that the website image is pretty accurate. Based on that I passed. I wanted a little darker gray. The website almost looks white to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine just came in. shoulder fit is great, pretty good everywhere else, but i need to get the sleeves taken in - they're pretty baggy. also, probably take in the midsection. problem is... now i'm paying more for the tailoring than the jacket.