Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh! Clarks Desert Boots are killing my feet!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Argh! Clarks Desert Boots are killing my feet!

I've had a pair of taupe suede Clarks desert boots for about 4 months now and while they're some of the best-looking shoes I have they're also quickly becoming the most uncomfortable. I decided to wear them on for a visit to my wife's cousin on Thanksgiving and after walking about a quarter mile in them on Friday taking the kids to a park my heels and the balls of my feet were pretty sore. Today I'm wearing them again and the heel pain is back. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Insoles, perhaps? I've seen countless reviews where people say these are super-comfortable but I just don't get that at all. It's frustrating that the best-looking shoes I have (Clarks, PF Flyers sneakers) are the most uncomfortable while the most comfortable (Vasque Blur trail runners) are the most dorky looking for wearing around town. Done venting now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I owned a pair (taupe suede too) which I enjoyed, but found uncomfortable after a short period of time. Main reason is because even though I sized down, they were still slightly too large. Insoles, heel pads, or thick socks would have helped a little, but I ended up getting rid of them.

That said, I've since picked up another pair in a proper fitting size and have found them to be quite comfortable, even after walking 20 miles around cobblestone European roads.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    FWIW, I found them uncomfortable too. I ended up giving up, consigning my pair, and buying some AE Malverns (in suede) which are one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you wear socks with your Clarks? I recently purchased a pair of taupe suede Clarks too, and I find them to be my most comfortable shoes/boots. Possibly because I went true to size (most people recommend sizing down a half size), and I always wear mine with thicker ankle socks.

If you've been wearing them sockless or with thin socks, try wearing them with thicker socks and maybe that'll help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I tried this on in the store once and I barely took one step before deciding "nope".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find mine to be uncomfortable too. My main concern is the lacing. I can't seem to get it rgiht. It's either too loose and my foot slip or too tight and it hurts my foot. Maybe I should have sized down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I sized down half a size from my normal shoe. Still took about a week of breaking in before they were really comfortable.

Now I love 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy Diamond View Post
    I find mine to be uncomfortable too. My main concern is the lacing. I can't seem to get it rgiht. It's either too loose and my foot slip or too tight and it hurts my foot. Maybe I should have sized down.
    I have the same problem with lacing, but the shoes themselves are pretty comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I sized down a half size as well. Found them at Nordstorm Rack which just opened in my area. Bought them on a whim since I had heard the praise, but was hesitant to wear them. Was going to bring them back but figured I'd give them a "test drive", and now I love them.

For reference, I'm normally a 9 1/2 in most shoes (in some sneakers I'm a 10) and I sized down to a 9. I usually wear thinner socks with the Clarks, and comfort has never been an issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I cant get enough of my clark boots. Def need to size down. Very light. I find them to be the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.