Thread: Salence Jackets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Salence Jackets

I have become obsessed by these jackets, and more specifically the Baluster by Salence.

Check it out:

"We make technical outerwear and high performance clothing designed for life"

"Our mission is to make products that can withstand the harshest conditions that mother nature can throw at you - but at the same time we understand you may not want to look like you just climbed off Denali."

I have been searching for a jacket like this for quite sometime. At $600, this in no small investment for me. I would like to get your opinions on the coat, would you wear it? Do you think it is versatile enough to wear with a tie one day and jeans the next? Also, I wanted to see if anyone has some ideas for a cheaper alternative. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Looking forward to your responses....

-Ryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I find it a little too 'high fashion' to be usable for everyday wear. If you're a person who has to wear a coat and tie everyday, I think it's far to informal to be acceptable. Also, I really don't like that main zipper closure.
    Last edited by auronblue; November 26th, 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks pretty cool. i would not pay $200 for this, but i have to say there are a lot of $600 jackets way uglier than this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Any suggestions for alternative?