Thread: How do you carry your eyeglasses / sunglasses / watches while traveling?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

How do you carry your eyeglasses / sunglasses / watches while traveling?

I have a lengthy international trip coming up and I plan to carry stuff like sunglasses, eyeglasses, watches, tiepins & cuff links (have to attend a wedding and then some). I was looking for suggestions on how to carry these items effectively and not end up damaging or misplacing any of them while traveling.

Thoughts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    This is a concern for me as well, if baggage is lost, lots of times they only cover up to $500. I think all of those things would fit in a carry on, that way you are sure none of them are lost.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of any good travel cases to carry watches + glasses?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is a good question. I have glasses but also prescription Ray Ban wayfarers (boss) and was thinking about the same. I don't want a big glasses case.

On Tumblr #menswear, they just throw them in their sport coat pocket with the pocket square

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratyk View Post
    I have a lengthy international trip coming up and I plan to carry stuff like sunglasses, eyeglasses, watches, tiepins & cuff links (have to attend a wedding and then some). I was looking for suggestions on how to carry these items effectively and not end up damaging or misplacing any of them while traveling.

Thoughts?
    I actually drop them into a shoe. Provides a bit of a case, holds everything together, and its something I have to pack anyway. I usually have a pair of shoes in my carry on as I find that the most convenient place to carry them - this gets me around the lost luggage issue as well.
    Last edited by mikehc05; November 26th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pratyk View Post

Thoughts?
    I swear by these for eyewear:

http://www.rei.com/product/799225/su...-sunglass-case

Not the prettiest, but they work a treat. I've used these on a couple of international trips without issue.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I travel a good amount for work. I wear contacts, so I make it a point to keep my glasses in my carry-on, just in case. I also carry my Ray-Ban Caravans in their case, along with anything else that might be considered fragile, or irreplaceable.

Anything that might prevent me from doing my job once I arrive at a destination is kept with me throughout all travels. Worst case scenario, I land and have to do a little shopping on the company's dime.