Thread: Blue Blazer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Blue Blazer

I am going on a cruise in June and was starting to think about attire. To start I have never been on a cruise. I know there will be two occasions where we are supposed to dress up. I have the Blue Factory Thompson Suit from JCrew Factory for one of the days. I want to look into a blue blazer because I know it is functional in many different occasions. I don't want this to be a single use item. Any suggestions on a blue blazer? I have been looking at J Crew, Bonobos has a classic blue, not a huge fan of the ones from Lands End, I also like the one from Indochino. I guess what I am looking for is, 1st are these good options for the price, and 2nd, is it too much blue/does it work for a cruise?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Where is the cruise? If it's tropical, consider linen. Personally, I wouldn't bring a blue suit and a blue blazer. You could just re-wear the jacket with different pants. If you want to use this as an excuse to buy something, I would go for grey. A nice grey blazer is just as universal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I'm with MikeAD91 on this one. For the long term, you'll want both a suit and a blazer, but packing for a cruise can be tight. Besides, why risk losing or damaging two expensive pieces of clothing during travel when one will do the trick? It also takes the pressure off of finding something right now and possibly settling for something that's sub-optimal.

Also, I've only been on one cruise, and there wasn't a lot of dressing up going on, even for the times where the cruise line suggested it. It was on Azamara which is an upper-middle tier cruise line.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    The cruise is to the Greek Isles for. I have been looking at the Indochino site, how does anyone know about their quality?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    My cruise was to the Greek Isles, too. Which cruise line?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    princess

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw25 View Post
    princess
    Should be nice! They own Azamara. They're like a "big boat" version of Azamara. They're still an American line, though. I wouldn't stress dressing up too much for it. I know its not the advice you're looking for, but if you have to trek halfway around the world, please seriously consider taking just the suit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    gotcha, thanks for the info!