Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [QUESTION] J.Crew Factory Washed Gingham shirt

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

[QUESTION] J.Crew Factory Washed Gingham shirt

As most of you probably saw, the J.Crew Factory Button-Down Washed Gingham shirt was mentioned is a post Joe made yesterday. Here's a link directly to the shirt in question. I am hoping that someone already has one of those shirts and can comment on the fit. The J.Crew Factory size chart is here, but I'm really hoping that is a bit off for this shirt. Namely, I'm hoping the arms on the medium are more like 35-36 in length (see my measurements in my signature).

Can anyone discuss the fit of the shirt? Again, my measurements are in my signature. Based on the size guide, I'd need a Large neck/body with the arms of an XL.... ugh.
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the shirt in question. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

Out of the box, it was way too baggy for me in medium. I'm 6' tall, 180lbs, and 40" chest. I had it tailored, but it's still a little too large unless I'm using it for layering. (Was too timid to say anything to the somewhat unpleasant tailor, who I won't use again). I normally buy 33" sleeves, and these are a little longer, but not so long that I needed it shortened. I'm a little reluctant to take the shirt off in the office and measure the sleeve length though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would you recommend a small than maccoinnich? I'm slightly smaller than you at 5'11" 170-175lbs. I also assume this requires ironing? Finally getting around to getting my butt in gear with regards to that. Do not have a gingham shirt in my rotation, so for $20 I'm itching to jump on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered a small a couple days ago and I'm about the same size as you. I can let you know how it fits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I actually have the same shirt in a medium on it's way. If you'd like, when it get's here I'll give you an accurate measurement of the sleeves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinter View Post
    Would you recommend a small than maccoinnich? I'm slightly smaller than you at 5'11" 170-175lbs. I also assume this requires ironing? Finally getting around to getting my butt in gear with regards to that. Do not have a gingham shirt in my rotation, so for $20 I'm itching to jump on this one.
    I think it might be worth trying a small. Maybe shop like a woman, and order both sizes and return one?

Definitely needs ironing if you're wearing it under something. If you are, you could maybe get away without ironing if it's removed from the dryer and folded straight away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat. Can't really figure out if I'm a small or a med. I ended up ordering a set of both small and med. will try them on and keep the ones that fits me well. I always had an issue purchasing sizes that were too big for me in the past, Asian mentality handed down to me from my mom from way back when...ahaha.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    550 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how you guys are ordering such small sizes. I'm 5'8" 160 lbs and I wear a medium from JCF. The body of the shirt is about an inch longer than I'd like, but everything else fits me fine. A smaller size wouldn't be able to button over my chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I'm not sure how you guys are ordering such small sizes.
    People have different body types. That and it seems like JCrew factory stuff is a little inconsistent in sizing between garments.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    550 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lib View Post
    People have different body types. That and it seems like JCrew factory stuff is a little inconsistent in sizing between garments.
    I understand the thinness part of it, but not sure how someone who is close to 6" fitting in to a small length wise, both the body and the sleeves.