Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [QUESTION] J.Crew Factory Washed Gingham shirt

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I understand the thinness part of it, but not sure how someone who is close to 6" fitting in to a small length wise, both the body and the sleeves.
    I have this shirt in a Medium. I am 6 feet 175, with long arms. I think it fits well. Almost every shirts needs tailoring. I just wear it for layering. I wouldn't get smaller than a M.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dave, does yours say "tailored fit" at the top like the picture linked here? http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...4182/24182.jsp

Its a bit strange, but the one I picked up today in the factory store matches the "slim fit" picture, but has the SKU of the regular fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've got factory shirts in small and medium. Bought smalls initially, which I can wear without tailoring, but it's a little tight in the chest and not as comfy. I only buy medium now and have it tailored in the waist. Measurement: 39.5 chest 28 waist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://imgur.com/em8Yg.jpg

Here's the small. It fits me very comfortably through the chest which probably means I'm much smaller than I'm used to these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Just got mine today. I'm 6 feet 180, with a 33 waist and 42 in suit jackets. The medium fits me just fine -- not particularly snug, but certainly not baggy. I prefer my shirts fitted, yet I probably won't take this shirt to the tailor. Sure, I could possibly nip it an inch or two at the waist, but it doesn't really need it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I tried some of the Factory shirts during my visits to their outlet store last year, and I did not like the fit. (6 3 , 195lbs,42 chest , 33 waist,33/34 sleeve)
    I like the Calibrate Trim Fit that Joe had in one of his previous posts much better, and I was able to find those in my local Rack for under $30.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goterps View Post
    Dave, does yours say "tailored fit" at the top like the picture linked here? http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...4182/24182.jsp

Its a bit strange, but the one I picked up today in the factory store matches the "slim fit" picture, but has the SKU of the regular fit.
    Yes, it does say tailored fit.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I tried some of the Factory shirts during my visits to their outlet store last year, and I did not like the fit. (6 3 , 195lbs,42 chest , 33 waist,33/34 sleeve)
    I like the Calibrate Trim Fit that Joe had in one of his previous posts much better, and I was able to find those in my local Rack for under $30.
    We're similar (6'2'' 210, 42 chest) in size. I specifically got their "Slim" shirt and it fit pretty well. You may/may not like the length at 6'3''. See fit here:

http://i.imgur.com/l0Fwu.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jputman08 View Post
    We're similar (6'2'' 210, 42 chest) in size. I specifically got their "Slim" shirt and it fit pretty well. You may/may not like the length at 6'3''. See fit here:

http://i.imgur.com/l0Fwu.jpg
    Thanks for the info, but can you tell us what size the shirt you're trying on is? Also, can you please comment on the neck size and arm length?
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diversification View Post
    Thanks for the info, but can you tell us what size the shirt you're trying on is? Also, can you please comment on the neck size and arm length?
    The shirt is a Large. I'm usually a 16.5'' neck and 35-36" sleeve. The neck fits like a true 16.5" and the sleeve length lands at the correct spot on my wrist when my arms are at my sides. I'd say 35 on the sleeve length.