Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AE 2nds - To keep or not?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    @AJG: If the fringe is the only issue, I doubt anyone will notice it except you. No harm in getting a professional opinion, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    @AJG: If the fringe is the only issue, I doubt anyone will notice it except you. No harm in getting a professional opinion, though.
    After wearing them, I've definitely come to agree with you. I posted this pic of them earlier to compare my 2nds with OPs: http://imgur.com/agDSM And in 90% of cases, it wouldn't hurt to get a professional opinion, but my cobbler is essentially the Russian shoe nazi (Shoe Soviet?). I had him resole and polish some awesome monk straps I thrifted, when I asked him about polishing the buckle, he said no, doesn't need it, and there's no arguing with him...I've tried. I know he'll say the fringe looks fine. He does amazing work though and charges very fair prices so I stick with him. And sometimes a man just needs to be told no.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Ok I got mine...so far only noticed slight creasing on the FA's, the Strands had what I think as dust on them hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Wow those shoes look like they are 1st quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Wow those shoes look like they are 1st quality
    The lady at the factory store did tell me they were listed as seconds BECAUSE they were brooks brothers branded... so maybe they basically are.

That of course could be inaccurate

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Probably not fully accurate as Vicious were definetely not first but like I said the strands had dust on them hah I thought they were really discoloured until I moved my thumb across; didn't clean them up for pics either so there's more colour waiting to come out

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Ok I got mine...so far only noticed slight creasing on the FA's, the Strands had what I think as dust on them hah
    Looking good man. On the top of the heel of your left Strand it looks like there's a nick, that might've made them seconds. And that slight creasing on the PA would come after a few wears anyway. Just tree them and you've got a great deal.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Yup that's the flaw with the strands I just checked and had no clue it was there I had a hard time seeing it with my feet in, not even following stitching just a nick into the leather, hopefully doesn't affect integrity