Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primer to J.Crew Factory?

Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1983 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by printyra View Post
    I always thought J. Crew Factory was like the outlet store for J. Crew.
    Depends on what you mean by "outlet." Some outlet stores are just places where stores sell their past season stock at discounted prices (think: Nordstrom Rack). The actual brick-and-mortar J.Crew Factory stores might be that way (I don't know, I've never been to one) but J.Crew Factory is also a separate line of more budget-oriented clothing that J.Crew makes.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "outlet." Some outlet stores are just places where stores sell their past season stock at discounted prices (think: Nordstrom Rack). The actual brick-and-mortar J.Crew Factory stores might be that way (I don't know, I've never been to one) but J.Crew Factory is also a separate line of more budget-oriented clothing that J.Crew makes.
    Yeah the brick and mortar stores are Factory line only the vast majority of the time. Every once in awhile, we'd get a small-ish shipment of mainline stock and it would be discounted and put in clearance.

This is trend in a lot of "outlet" stores. Where you used to be able to get mainline clothes at discount prices, you now get a line in and of itself.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    534 Post(s)
    I like the outlet/factory stores more than the main stores sometimes. I've ordered 5 pairs of jeans from BR recently and none of them fit me as well as the ones I just picked up at their factory store. I tried on the bayswater peacoat at JCrew and the small was too tight while the medium was too big on me. I just picked up the jcrew outlet peacoat today in a small and it fit me perfectly.

Speaking of which, I got that peacoat for $78. It is originally $188 but they were having a 40% off everything sale today and then I was able to stack a 30% off coupon I had on top of that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    BR factory vs normal has an enormous difference to me, though in certain cases, like a jacket fit is more important. I only have one soft wash normal jcrew shirts...if their factory stuff is close enough it wouldn't bother me. THe problem becomes that the slim fit stuff essentially is the same price as their decent sale price 40 + 30% off. Anybody here own both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I may be the lone dissenting voice here, but I ordered the much vaunted J. Crew Factory Thompson suit (http://dappered.com/2011/08/in-perso...-factory-suit/) and found it severely lacking. You can literally see right through it if you hold it up to a window. While I wasn't expecting super high quality for what I paid (~$124 for both pants and jacket), I will always save up the extra dough and buy something a little more substantial- which might even be a J. Crew Factory worsted wool suit. All I'm saying is, your mileage will definitely vary with JCF stuff so keep that in mind if you're on the fence on something.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    see through is a bit much lol, especially for a suit.

@Vicious, was that from the online code or from having an email subscription?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Package arrived just as I was getting taken to the airport. Immediately opened, threw on the navy and recheck shirt. Fits just like a regular j.crew shirt. The ginghams looked like the patterns were a little bigger than I usually like, but I think the shirts are going to be a steal for ~22 bucks.