Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting for chinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess being 5'5" and 145 does have its advangtages at times!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyerman View Post
    Funny this post is here. I was just about to post on the Gap lived in Khakis...I love them. I got a pair over the weekend and they are amazingly soft and comfortable. I would get every color if I could. Highly recommend. Fit is true to size I wear a 29/30-29/30.
    Last time I tried them, the 29 were too big at the waist for me, but now that I gained weight, I think I should give them another try.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I guess being 5'5" and 145 does have its advangtages at times!
    lol are you also a 36S for blazers? Those are my exact measurements too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goterps View Post
    HA! Yes! I have to get the sleeves shortened. The waist brought in a tad. And sometimes (depending on who makes the jacket) it is slightly too long, like a half inch to an inch. For instance the JCREW Factory Thompson is about 1/2 too long for my exact liking, but its an oversight for the price/quality.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Uniqlo's slim fit chinos get my endorsement. Good material and they strike the right dressy/casual balance. I usually get mine tapered post-purchase, but I prefer a 14.5" leg opening and that's slimmer than most like it.

Anyone have experience with the Land's End 608 fit pants? They have the leg opening I like, but I'm concerned that they might have the same odd fit as Docker's Alpha Khakis. That is to say made for super skinny legs the whole way through.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goterps View Post
    Ok, totally off topic but if either of you 36S guys needs a navy suit, this Phineas Cole suit looks awesome:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Stuart-...item3f1eedbf55
    New they go for $1,900-$2,300 but that one is currently at $61.
    http://www.paulstuart.com/category_t...headermenuid=3

(I have nothing to do with that auction, I just don't think I had ever seen a 36S Phineas Cole suit pop up on my eBay alert before. Mods feel free to delete or move if needed.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any experience with the J.Crew Factory chinos? Specifically, I'm interested in Factory Classic and Vintage Regular and the Bedford pant. In case you missed the early posts, I'm looking for chinos that fit similarly to 501's. I'm tempted to pick up a few pairs on the off chance that they fit...

Edit: And what about the Land's End tailored fit chinos? Any thoughts on them?
    Last edited by ZacharyR; November 13th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    HA! Yes! I have to get the sleeves shortened. The waist brought in a tad. And sometimes (depending on who makes the jacket) it is slightly too long, like a half inch to an inch. For instance the JCREW Factory Thompson is about 1/2 too long for my exact liking, but its an oversight for the price/quality.
    I'm guessing you mean the 36S? How do the factory suits compare to BR's italian stuff?

Fred- that looks good as a blazer but now I'm trying to get the matching navy blazer to the suit pants I already have (BR).

For jcrew chinos, I've tried the slim and the 30/30s are definitely loose. Of course with our usual luck 29/32s don't exist in stores. I've been spoiled by the Joe's Brixtons since returning my 514/501s. They are..a bit more expensive though hah. On inexpensive chinos, there's the gap ones that's been mentioned. Gap's fit is even more inconsistent than BRs so I'd recommend trying it first. Still they're quite cheap and there's a 50% off one item going on now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I bought a pair of the Bedford pants from JCF about a month ago. I really like them. I wear a 34/30 and they fit tts (maybe a hair loose in the waist). They have good room in the seat and thighs (they fit my 25" thighs comfortably). They also come in slim as well. Might be worth looking into if youre on the slim side.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Forgot to add, they are not very casual IMHO. They are very thick and look very crisp even after wearing them twice.