Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: J.Crew Bayswater vs. Schott Slim Fit Peacoat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@frost I think the guy looks like a doofus because he is a doofus. Looks like a kid playing dress up more than an actual put together person and does not give the coat any justice. Here is a picture I found that first got me looking at the schott slim fit pea coat: http://i.imgur.com/hNTkg.jpg

I still am not sure if it is the right pea coat for your decision chicubs but I had to at least give you a better representation than whatever that was the frost posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

double post =p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

@frost: hahaha. Yes that dude totally is a doofus. Cold enough to wear a peacoat yet wearing no socks. Seriously?

@dapperedcpa: Hmm. I've never been a navy coat guy (replacing my old charcoal coat) but maybe ill give a try.

@Mitchell: Wow. It looks SO much better in that picture. Did you end up going for Schott yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the Bayswater last year, in large part because of the review that Joe gave the Schott. But then again, I'm 6'2", 195 lbs (42L with a pronounced V-build) so the Schott would never have worked with my shoulders. The Bayswater has been great, really warm, and it works with my physique, and the Tall sizing was great for my long arms.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

I still don't like the 8 button configuration on the Schott.. Doofus or not. lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@frost haha to each his own!

@chicubs Im actually in the same position as you are. I feel the schott needs to fit the persons frame exactly like the picture i posted above or else it will just look to oversized with the 8 button configuration like this: http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7968/ac38979781.jpg or the picture frost posted above. If the jacket does fit great though, only doing up a few buttons can emphasize the large lappels and collar better: http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c9/c92c3...9x3o1_500.jpeg (Not actually the schott, probably a custom but depicts what I'm explaining)

Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the Bayswater on the way in a Large and Medium Tall, I'll try to report back on which ends up fitting my frame best (6'3 190 lbs).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I actually ended up ordering the Bayswater in medium in Charcoal. It seemed to fit pretty well in store (forgot to take a picture)...I may end up exchanging it for the Navy....

Or I may just order the Schott Slim Fit as well and just return the one I don't like. I'm hoping a coupon code is floating at there sometime soon. I have a weird feeling that it may just work perfectly for my body type and I am still in love with that Oxford Grey color for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know any good peacoats for us shorter guys? I am 5'5" and wear a 36-37 short. I have one from express in small, and it fits pretty spot on in the shoulders. But the body is a bit big.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

@Eyerman: Have you tried J.Crew stuff in XS? The Bayswater is cropped pretty short.