Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stylish Women

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. I assume his comment was about the slight color curving to most of the photo shoots she is in. Just tends to look interesting and, as she is known for helping bring about a bit of retro-mania in the fashion and music world, it fits with the perception of a vintage allure.
    It's that all of her shoots have the lo-fi aspect of a photograph that's been deteriorating in your parent's attic for about 30 years. So part of me wonders if it's in her contract with any photogs, or if everyone who shoots her has difficulty coming up with something new and creative.

And don't microwave your film - it just destroys it and would most likely catch on fire making a cloud of fumes that will shorten your lifespan. I'm guessing here; I never thought of what would happen if I did that - and like mixing random things with bleach, have no real desire to find out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambledpotato View Post
    It's that all of her shoots have the lo-fi aspect of a photograph that's been deteriorating in your parent's attic for about 30 years. So part of me wonders if it's in her contract with any photogs, or if everyone who shoots her has difficulty coming up with something new and creative.

And don't microwave your film - it just destroys it and would most likely catch on fire making a cloud of fumes that will shorten your lifespan. I'm guessing here; I never thought of what would happen if I did that - and like mixing random things with bleach, have no real desire to find out.
    It seems to just be a very common effect these days. I just noticed that one of the first pictures I could find of Adele (posted above) has that effect on it too. A few of Del Rey's own music videos have the effect, so I don't know if she tends to push for it or the directors sometimes suggest it.

Symptom of an Instagram-obsessed world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Symptom of an Instagram-obsessed world?
    Nah, art direction goes through swings and flows. One person will 'buck the trend' and go in a slightly different direction thus shifting the momentum that way as people turn and take it a little bit further and further. With the hyper-perfection of digital photography and advertising, shifting gears and going lo-fi allows you to stand out a little more from the crowd. People notice it and follow suit.

The trick (and what I strive to figure out in my 9-5) is to skate where the puck is going, not where it is.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambledpotato View Post
    Nah, art direction goes through swings and flows. One person will 'buck the trend' and go in a slightly different direction thus shifting the momentum that way as people turn and take it a little bit further and further. With the hyper-perfection of digital photography and advertising, shifting gears and going lo-fi allows you to stand out a little more from the crowd. People notice it and follow suit.

The trick (and what I strive to figure out in my 9-5) is to skate where the puck is going, not where it is.
    I wasn't being too serious on that, but you made a good comment anyways. I don't use Instagram, just Photoshop.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Claudine Auger as Domino in Thunderball
    Last edited by Cannon; January 9th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by Cannon; February 10th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nicole Kidman

Last edited by Cannon; April 4th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Catherine Middleton