Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Man's Bed Sheet Set...oxymoron?

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)

What type of cotton doesn't matter so much as thread count. The higher the thread count, the softer the sheets will be. Target has some decent higher thread count sheets that won't break the bank. Costco usually has some decent sheets, as well.

If you're concerned about masculinity, the best bet is probably a simple, solid light blue or something similar. Nothing wrong with white, either. Don't let yourself get roped into dark-colored sheets. My parents did that once, and my mom said she's never been more disgusted by all the dead skin flakes and other visible debris that accumulates on the sheets between washings.

Go simple, solid, light-colored. If you live somewhere cold, don't forget to get a second set in flannel! Flannel sheets make a huge difference in warmth and comfort when it's ball-freezingly cold out.

I've never had to buy or think about blankets or comforters since my mom is a serious quilter. The quilt on my bed right now is probably 20 years old and perfectly broken in.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a problem finding the right size. I use an 8" matress, and it seems like all readily available sheets are designed for the cartoonishly expanding "deep" matresses, which are now up to 20" thick. It's hard to find shallow-pocket (actually, normal-pocket) fitted sheets. The bizarre mattress sales industry wants your fitted sheets to just get deeper and deeper. Bizarre because there's no reason to make the matress thicker rather than just using a taller foundation. It's not like there's 16" of cushioning in a 16" matress.

So like any member of dappered, I have resorted to MTM sheets. Actually, they're just MTO, with pretty much any pocket depth you like. From a place called Cozy Town. They have a reasonable selection of fabrics, and I find that their 300-400 count products work best for me. I prefer simple solid colors. Warmer colors in winter, cooler in summer. Always cotton, preferably Pima or Egyptian.

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Sorry guys. I'm going through a dry spell and am having a tough time keeping it off my mind!

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

The fact that virtually every thread includes a TWSS or otherwise sexual reference is what makes these conversations seem like any other with a group of guys. =)