Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Levi's 513 vs. 514. Round 1. FIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes10 View Post
    - Any chance of getting the 513s on sale? Kohls, as well as most Macys, don't seem to carry them, and I've never paid more than $50 for a pair of jeans. Just a personal thing, but I don't like to pay too much for denim, and the 513s seem a bit pricy.
    Today Levi's.com is 40% off and free shipping with promo code MONDAY. Should take them down to $35

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Today Levi's.com is 40% off and free shipping with promo code MONDAY. Should take them down to $35
    Thanks. Also, if I'm a 30x32 in the 514s, should I stick with the same size in the 513s?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oooooo. Been waiting for this comparison. If only they had the 513 in 32x36 somewhere? anyone know?

edit: anyone know if there is enough fabric at the cuff of levis to lengthen them?
    Last edited by Margotron; December 10th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One thing that I haven't tried, but may make the attempt, is American Eagle slim straight jeans. The leg opening is smaller (by an inch) than a typical 514. While they're geared towards a younger crowd, I've got a few pairs of AE khakis that fit awesomely and I refuse to get rid of them, as well as the blue shawl sweater from last year. So they've had some hidden gems here and there. Their jeans are on sale right now for $29.95, so I may grab a pair and experiment.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Malibu View Post
    One thing that I haven't tried, but may make the attempt, is American Eagle slim straight jeans. The leg opening is smaller (by an inch) than a typical 514. While they're geared towards a younger crowd, I've got a few pairs of AE khakis that fit awesomely and I refuse to get rid of them, as well as the blue shawl sweater from last year. So they've had some hidden gems here and there. Their jeans are on sale right now for $29.95, so I may grab a pair and experiment.
    I remember trying on some AE jeans at their outlet a few months ago, and I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't the age thing, as some of their jeans are plenty dark and classic, but I just didn't feel that the fit was comfortable or looked that great. Especially for the prices they were asking. But on sale they might work out fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes10 View Post
    Thanks. Also, if I'm a 30x32 in the 514s, should I stick with the same size in the 513s?
    Yes, that should be fine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What color do you all own in 513s? The ones that catch me eye are scraper dark: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...46854.11326986

and super dark (though there are barely any sizes left at the moment): http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...46854.11326986

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scraper Dark, IMO, is the best 513 option.

In relation to my previous comment on American Eagle Jeans, I picked up 2 pairs of their slim straight on sale. The fit is great, much more streamlined than a 514. Slimmer leg (not skinny jean style though) and the leg opening is 16 as opposed to the 17 on a 514. Very surprised and satisfied with the purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, just bought 508, returned it the next day. The waist size was MUCH larger than what it actually was. 40"? Instead of 32" even the tag said 32". The tapered leg fit was perfect otherwise and loved the tight fit at the ankle. I also liked the dark blue. I may have to look for a size 28" or something.

Tried out 511,513,514. They all fit great, but still not as good as 508 on the leg part especially below the knees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Funny this has been brought up. I tried on 511, 508, & 514 recently. I went with 514 and had the leg openings changed to 14''.