Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knockaround sunglasses - thoughts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

I agree with Manceptional; I've never yet, & don't plan on buying sunglasses that I'll be too upset about breaking. Nothing against anyone who spends $100 on sunglasses, but it's not my style.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Not to hijack the thread, but I came across Horizon sunglasses while researching this very same question. They basically look/cost exactly the same, but their logo is MUCH smaller. I'm personally gonna try the Horizons purely for the fact that they are a Florida based company (although the shades are probably made in China). I'm gonna order them soon and review them in this thread when they arrive.

Countryside Man of Letters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found an alternative to knockarounds. Horizon Sunglasses seems to offer the same sunglasses and same exactly quality but you they are cheaper. I was able to design my own sunglasses for alot less with Horizon Sunglasses and their shipping is cheaper too. They even have a custom sunglasses creator tool (http://www.horizonsunglasses.com/pro...sunglasses.htm) I've been pleased with them and glad to know there is another alternative to expensive raybans. Did anyone see the 60 minutes special on luxottica?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a smaller head as I'm a skinny 5-10" and love my premiums. I have 4 pair and especially live my shiny tortoise shell. I got crazy once and ordered the Fort Knox.....they were way too big and I had to give them away. Fact is, no man can keep sunglasses for longer than 1.6 summers. You'll break them, lose them, or the famous slide off the top of your head while looking down into the water over the side of the boat. Just get them, they are only 15 and you'll never be too hung up when you lose them. Again, huge fan here.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Think I might check out a pair of Fort Knocks. My William Rast wayfarers are on their last legs and I can't seem to find them anywhere to re-buy. Really bummed as the shape and size was the perfect ideal for me.

@Jason1141...saw the piece on Luxottica, very interesting but also distressing. Talk about monopoly...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    Think I might check out a pair of Fort Knocks. My William Rast wayfarers are on their last legs and I can't seem to find them anywhere to re-buy. Really bummed as the shape and size was the perfect ideal for me.

@Jason1141...saw the piece on Luxottica, very interesting but also distressing. Talk about monopoly...
    @Sigtweed Corduroy The monopoly luxottica has is ridiculous. Its the same as supporting a local business- I support smaller companies. Horizon Sunglasses Saratogas are legit though. I bought their matte black/smoke (http://www.horizonsunglasses.com/Mat...matblk-smo.htm)

I know that feeling when you find something you really like and fits you perfect, then they break or you lose them! I hate that.