Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread of ALL things Bonobos

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Welcome to the Official thread of all things Bonobos!

Please do not post referral links, coupon or Groupon announcements, or other deals in this thread. If you want to share your Bonobos referral link then you may do it in the following thread: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...d-Deals-Thread

Thank you.
    Last edited by bruschetta; November 16th, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: New Deals section.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

@Ryan - We may not get the referral credit but at least first time buyers can get a $25 off their first purchase. Since they have done away with coupons, this seems to be the only way for first time buyers to get a nice discount on their purchase.

BTW, I have grown to love their Pants and OCBD. I think it would be tough to buy those items from another company now that I have experienced the Bonobos selection. Their pants are definitely way nicer than Gap or BR.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Anyone know where i can get measurements on the suit jackets? trying to decide between 36-38

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)

@ tdig - I can't give you measurements off the top of my head but I can tell you a bit about the fit of my 36R Bonobos jacket. It's a much closer fit than any other 36 I own... including J.Crew Ludlow and Banana Republic tailored fit. It's ALMOST too fitted. The sleeves are especially narrow, and on the short side (which is good for me, since regular-length sleeves are typically a bit long on my arms).

My general thought is that if you're between 36 and 38, you will probably be ok with a 38. But shipping is free both ways, so you could always get both and return one.

Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

You can call the ninjas, and they will give you the exact measurements. They do fit slimmer than most any suit jacket I have tried on elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I had to size up to 40 on the Bonobos blazer (normally a size 38). I agree with focuspants that they fit a little slimmer than normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The ninjas hooked me up and gave me store credit to make things right. Now just which pants to get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, I've officially become addicted to the Game Day Chinos. I have two pairs of the washed chinos, but they are in a boot cut; the fit on the Game Days is just perfect for me. Can anyone speak to how these fit compared to their other straight leg pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, the funny thing with Bonobos' sale section... it seems to change.

Case in point, I just jumped on, and the Charleston Navy Seersucker which I had thought sold out long ago in my size... seems to have been restocked? It even appears all jacket sizes are available. With the additional 30% off, this guy dropped to $214.20.

Hornsup and Jordan - I was searching earlier for your reviews, but couldn't find them. I ended up ordering my typical sizes, and hope that the jacket fits similar to my banana tailored fit suit. Anyway, now to truly, TRULY stop spending so much money...

Also, what do you guys pair this suit with as far as shoes? I imagine white/grey bucks would look great, but I wonder if my newer pair of Elgins in tan would work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I too have the navy seersucker. It fit a bit smaller than im used to. I am between a 38 and 39R and ordered the 38 because the 40 would have been slightly too big. There is about 1/2 inch of extra material which my tailor let out and it fit perfectly after that. It is the tightest fitting 38 I have ever tried on. It now looks really awesome though after the alterations.

I pair it with walnut shoes and belt. Killer looking combo. I have gotten a ton of complements, and the suit is very very well constructed. I love it.