Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread of ALL things Bonobos

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Sorry, to correct my post- the shirt sale is through midnight 9/9, not December 9.

Haven't seen Bonobos dress shirts in person, so I cannot answer your question, jose.

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Related: http://www.taskrabbit.com/palo-alto-ca/t/men-needed-to-test-website-palo-alto-22

I'm doing it just out of curiousity. Don't ask me about it since I'll be under an NDA, but if any of you are TaskRabbits in the Bay Area, feel free to check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone know what kind of Bonobos selection the Nordstrom stores have? It would be nice to try some things on before buying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I ordered my first pair of their "slim-straight" chinos, and wow do they ever fit amazingly well. I really liked the regular straight fit, but these are literally perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

the slim straight chinos are good. I just need them to get Navy and Gray back in my size. I've been trying to return and get the right size for about 2 months now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

AM I CRAZY OR IS THIS ABSURD

The Charleston Navy Seersucker Suit is on sale for $146 right now.

Yes, that's the suit, not just the blazer.

IS THIS A NEW DEVELOPMENT?!?!?!?!

That price is absolutely absurd. And for sale in a 40R, too...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

@hon140 - If you're a 40, you'll probably have trouble finding the matching suit pants in your size. There is very limited sizing left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It is somewhat absurd, but more typical when you consider the sizes they have remaining. I had the same reaction and subsequent disappointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn, posted this as a new thread until I saw this sticky. Posting here:

Do any of you guys have a take on Bonobos? I ordered a camel colored cashmere sweater from them a few months back, and nothing ever showed up at my door. I called them and they said there was some kind of mishap, and this shouldn't have happened. They canceled my order (thanks for not charging me for nothing!) and reordered the sweater, as they said it was listed as "in stock" at their home offices in Palo Alto. However, they told me, it may be out of stock at their warehouse and they didn't know until they tried ordering it again. They ordered it. I called them a few days later, and they said "Yep, it must be out of stock. Sorry!" The again canceled my 2nd order, and then told me they'd give me $30 store credit for my trouble. Guess what? They never did. I'm still getting spammed with their ads 2-3 times a day. Soooo, I'm wondering if anyone has had a better experience? Should I try again? I'm thinking about their new corduroy pant collection, but when I went to check one out, it had this one, single comment:

Ripped immediately upon arrival by Adam

This was my last order from Bonobos. The quality/price ratio no longer exists. The fastener completely ripped out the pants on first trying it on, and it wasn't even being pulled or walked around with. The fabric was just cheaply made and poorly finished. Kind of sad. I used to love my pants from Bonobos. I guess I'll just have to find another place to buy well made items....

From Bonobos: Hey Adam. Sorry you had such a bad experience with these. Ironically, this is not cheap fabric at all. It's very expensive Italian fabric, which makes it all the more disconcerting that you had a bad experience with the quality. We sent you an email with some offers to hopefully keep you as a satisfied customer. Give us a shout at ninjas at bonobos dot com if you have any more questions.

So who do I believe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Nothing but good things to say about them here. I have a suit, 3 pairs of chinos, a pair of wool pants and a pair of shorts from them. All great quality, all great fit. Their customer service has been amazing, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.