Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread of ALL things Bonobos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Focus - That's great to hear. I'm usually between a 38 and a 40, so hopefully this will work out. Did the pants fit in the waist like others from Bonobos? I'll have to get the pants hemmed up a bit as they were out of stock in my inseam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

they fit slightly tighter than their straight fit (non straight slim) chinos which for me was a good thing. I found these to fit more TTS than the chinos which I felt were a tad roomier. The legs were also slimmer.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)

@JEH -- the 44R fit me well with a fashionable short, but not too short fit (usually I'm a 44L). I wear the pants solo all the time during this NYC summer heatwave, have yet to wear the full suit.

I have some light colored tan Frye boat shoes that go great with them, along with a white braided belt, when I'm wearing them casually. For dressier, bucks, walnut shoes, etc. all fit the bill. You could definitely do a tan or brown dress shoe too.

I agree with Focus' comments on fit, but also thought it was a good thing for a suit to be a little more tailored than what I generally go for with casual chinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@JEH - Thanks for the heads-up on the sale restock. Have the navy headed my way. Will need some tailoring as well, but with two late summer weddings coming up and no summer suit, this seems to fit the bill nicely.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)

Guess I'll post here instead of the Recent Purchases. I splurged on a big order from Bonobos' summer sale, but with 30% off the sale price, got 3 pair of slacks and a pair of shorts for $300, which I can deal with. I got the navy seersucker shorts (bc I have a clothes-crush on the navy seersucker suit I got earlier in the year), but won't talk about those, since they've been covered in detail before.

http://www.bonobos.com/extended-tab-straight-leg-grey-minibone

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8827-april-cotton-linen-suit-pant-navy

http://www.bonobos.com/po-8827-april-cotton-linen-suit-pant-khaki

All three fit similarly to the more recent Bonobos washed chinos and the Charleston seersucker pants I purchased. That is to say, great. Not super slim, but not wide at all. These hit lower re: rise than most traditional suit pants, but I'm excited to get these hemmed (all 3 came with 36 length (for 36 waist, I assume it's their "unhemmed" length and doesn't correlate to waist)). The herringbone slacks are 100% wool, but seem pretty lightweight. The cotton/linen on the other two (navy/tan) is pretty great, should work nicely for the rest of this summer, as well as next. I wish they still had the suitcoats to go with these two slacks, in case of use for summer weddings, but I generally ditch the jacket at work for summer anyway. Overall, I'm very excited about how the order turned out.

30% addtl off sale items runs thru today I believe, with code "FIRSTMATE".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to leave some feedback on a recent purchase. I ordered their feed pants in khaki in 34/30. Although the receipt and my invoice displayed that, what I actually received was a 34/32. It was true to size in the waist but obviously too long. I called customer service and got a $10 credit back due to their error (rep said to compensate for tailoring costs). Looking back, I wonder if I should have just exchanged for a properly fitting pair, at the same price. Rep was concerned there wouldn't be any in stock for that size, but I just looked on their website and it seems to be in stock. It's too late now,but what do you think?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)

Doubt it matters either way, and there is a risk they wouldn't have your 30 inseam size (I think those were part of their summer sale). As I noted above, most of their dress pants come with 36 inseam so that you can tailor to your preferred length, and doubt there's any difference in their leg widths due to length below the knee. This way you at least get your perfect length rather than hoping the 30 inseam hits right (and possibly having to tailor the 30 anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll give my 2 cents on certain items i purchased. But I can vouch for a lot of things said here so far in regards to sizing.

Tretorn Skymra Shoes - similar to Converse / Jack Purcells but refreshingly different

High Tides Khaki trunks - Badass, even recommmend by Joe. 'nuff said

Oxleys Red pants - it's said "real men wear pink", these let you look good doing so

Game Day Chinos Cape Coral - give it a shot, look.. its not fire red or highlighter yellow!

Checkleberry shirt - get it, now, hurry, go before it's too late.

For pics on these items you can check me out on twitter @JHCandelario or instagram @JCandelario

and lastly if you hit up my referral I'd be glad to post reviews and pics on more items in return http://bono.bs/x/BapZN

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Thank you for using the stickied Bonobos thread.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I have to agree with jcandelario, the Checkleberry shirt is awesome but I think it is gone now. I really wanted the Low Tide Hanover Stripe but they didn't have my size. I got the End All Be All grey shirt but I must say I'm not very impressed with it. I don't dislike it enough to return it and find something else, however. I am impressed with the well-reviewed All-American Oxford. I ended up with grey stripe since the other colors I wanted were out of stock in my size.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist