Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread of ALL things Bonobos

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

@BP909 - I was at the Bonobos Guide Shop in Chicago and they definitely recommend that people size down from the straight leg washed chinos size because they will stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

@eharlow49 - I love their OCBDs also. I'm actually wearing one today. I feel like people overlook their OCBDs because they are mainly known for their well fitting pants.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

I've started having issues with their buttons as well. Sad (bc I'm lazy and don't like sewing) bc otherwise they're great OCBDs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll praise their OCBD's also. The fit is perfect, although, I think the material feels a little thin; perfect weight for summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how do the OCBDs compare to LECs OCBDS? I wear a small in the LEC and it fits perfectly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how do the bonobos shirts fit? what's a medium similar too? are they slimmer/trimmer than most normal department stores?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I find the chest, waist and arms to be almost identical between medium Bonobos and LEC oxfords. However, I have found there to be much less fabric in the back of Bonobos shirt. Looking straight into a mirror: identical. Turning sideways: LEC billows out in the back like crazy.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

@juan, that was honestly part of the point of this thread. Folks would do that before by just creating new threads every time and it was irritating. At least this way we can treat those like spam now and just delete them.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As someone who normally wears a 16x36 (41" chest) and finds the Brooks Brothers Extra Slims to fit well, the Bonobos OCBD (and all their S/M/L/XL sized dress shirts for that matter)run short in the sleeves for me. The medium fits best around the chest, but the sleeves are way too short. The large balloons around the torso and the sleeves are still about an inch too short. I know I'm on the end of the long-arm spectrum so this doesn't affect most guys, but for those of you with longer arms, beware. I'm told by my go-to at Bonobos this should be corrected in the Christmas-time order their placing for the Spring line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@jeremyadavis I've got 37" arms and I feel your pain. 90% of my shirts I have to wear with rolled up sleeves, which starts to get a little tough in fall and winter.