Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Slim" Fit shirts - Comparison of Brands

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

The only recent OTR shirt that was almost the fit I wanted was the Express 1MX, but the stretch helps it feel like it fits better. If they weren't such poorly made & overpriced($70 for 1!) shirts. I owned one for a day and the buttons fell off after the first wash and good luck ironing the things. You can still use them to your advantage though, get the measurements and go MTM, which I may do shortly here.

I do have a Theory shirt, that fits well but it's a casual shirt, most of my MTM shirts would be a great casual fit too(besides length and french cuffs) but tucking in is a different story. I have seen theory shirts for sale on places like GILT etc, and I may try that route soon.

I haven't tried anything from the boss line yet, the Zegna shirt I was looking at came with free in house tailoring so it would fit & $200 tag but Ratio and Proper Cloth charge a lot for their shirts too so it seems like a better deal in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BB Extra Slims are a pretty good fit thought selection is quite narrow

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...ection_Id=1052

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

For a 15.5 BB Extra slim fit 43.5 Chest but 41 waist still, sounds identical to CT Tailored but at least they have 36" sleeve. I was trying to find those but the BB store I was at sold the 346 line and didn't carry the extra slim fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

36? You should be a boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ben Sherman in SoHo fit (super slim) supplies all of my casual shirts. The new J.Crew slim fits are also pretty well fitted for more casual wear, i.e. buttondowns.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

@Jordan, hah ya I have long friggin arms I did try a LE shirt with 35 and it's OK, but if you were to nit pick it would be too short, it ends on my wrist bone rather than the start of my hand. Your arm span is typically the same as your height, mine is about 4-5" longer, which works against my "outer beauty" by making my arms look slimmer than a typical person of same build.

Zach where do you get your Ben Sherman shirts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 2 express 1mx extra slim in med. and they fit well, a little room nothing crazy,just right for me.Also have a CK slim fit that fits really nice,sleeves a little short but it was OTR and on sale.

I've got a Sean Jean regular that actually fits well also. I've never read anything about Sean John on here, maybe since it's a "hip hop" brand, or maybe the quality isn't the best....beats me. Then again I'm still a new to wearing proper fitting clothes so I'm learnig,but i like that Sean Jean shirt.

I've got to check out - Neiman Marcus - Trim Fit & - Charles Tyrwhitt - Tailored..if they are really tighter.....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

I have the following slim fit shirts in my possession if anyone wants pictures for comparison. I'm not exactly sure how they compare, but I'll rank them as my best guess in order of slimmest (15.5/33)

--- slimmest ---

Modern Tailor, custom made shirt

CT Tailored fit

BB Extra slim fit

CT slim fit

Nordstrom 1901 slim/trim fit

Lands End Tailored fit

DKNY slim fit

Lands End regular fit (super huge, even sized down to a 15 neck)

--- baggiest ---

BB's slim (not extra) fit are HUUGE.

The middle range of those shirts all seem about the same to me. I'd really have to take some pictures and take a look to compare.

One thing to also consider if you don't want to go MTM: If you don't need to button the collar, as in a button-down collared shirt, or just a casual shirt you won't wear with a tie, consider sizing down in the neck. You'll end up with a smaller chest and waist as a bonus.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I'm wearing my CT Slim Fit shirt today (17.5 / 36) and I realized that the Neiman Marcus (17.5 / 36-37) is definitely a little slimmer than the CT shirt (both are 2 ply cotton shirts)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Jesus dude, are you in the WWE?! i had 16.5 shirts when I was 210 lbs.