Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite polo?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

I'm having trouble finding a polo that fits. The main issue: I'm 5'9 / 160lbs. Smalls tend to be way too tight, and mediums way too baggy.

Anyone know of a brand where:

(a) the small runs on the baggier side or

(b) the medium is -very- slim fit

Brands I've tried:

- Lands End Canvas: small was insanely small, medium too big

- JCrew: medium is just a little too big, though I might be able to go with their small

- Target: can't remember, but I think I had the same issue - just remember not seeing a good fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I love the Gap Slim Fits that Joe mentioned in the Polopalooza post. Also, the Mossimo polos that Target used to have were great, but it seems like they've been discontinued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I second both that BJ listed. I have two pairs of the old Mossimo's from Target from last year, and am worried that i'm going to wear them out - they're perfect.

But, the new Gap ones fit pretty well too. Best I've found this season, anyway.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

Might be a good option - I have something like $65 of gap gift cards I need to get rid of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Give those surprising Arizona polos from JC Penny a try, they were mentioned on Dappered a little while back. They're cheap and fit perfectly (at least for me). You might have some luck.

"The principle can be established that for a man who does not cheat, what he believes to be true must determine his action."
    -- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Did you try jcrew slim fit or regular? I have non slum med and it fits like I had it made, slim would be too tight for me. Also try lands end tailored, not LEC. Also LE polos all fit slightly different

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Zero: try the small at J.Crew. I'm your height, and 170. Do not put it in the dryer if you can help it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Target medium athletic fit works on a 39 chest 28 waist pretty decently!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like, redsubway, said try the arizona ones. I found out about them from the polo palooza post also. I like the way it fits, although I thought they ran a little small. Small was too small and tight, the medium's sleeves felt tight around my arms(I'm 6'0 & about 136lbs, yeah skinny and still too tight on the arms for me)so I went with the large, good length and doesn't do the blouse thing.And they are just $9 for the whole month of June(or at least thats what the sign next to them said)

My job gave us a $100 gift card to a bunch of stores like; Banana rep. Brooks bro,Express,Gap,LL bean, Lands End,Macy's, and even Neiman Marcus. I'm trying to get the most for my $$, thats why the arizona polo worked for me.I'm using that polo article to go pick up either Gap or express polo also,need one or 2 more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Regular Land's End's small polos are big. I'm a 38 in suits and wear their small polos. Their mediums are huge.