Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks You Really Like

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

+1 to James Bond, Bruce Wayne, and the mad men guy.

I want to know what jacket they have Daniel Craig wearing at the start of the skyfall trailer, I was going to buy a replica of the coat he had at the end of QoS for winter. Planning on purchasing the Tom Ford from the desert, can't find the Y-3 he has in the above picture, and the place making an identical coat isn't making them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Does anybody else think Don Draper's ties are too narrow for his frame? Don't get me wrong, you could do way, way worse for a style icon, but it's just something I've noticed when watching the show. The photo Cannon posted is a little better than most of his skimpier ties. I usually am more inspired by Roger or Pete.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Don Draper

Where is this "only button the bottom button on a two-button suit" look coming from? I've even seen many people on the street doing this, purposefully or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@jose_jackson, I've noticed that sometimes too. He can often pull it off, but not always.

This one is actually pretty easy to steal, but he has such a great tailor that I'll post it anyways.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

@Cannon

I also really liked Daniel Craig's look in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Now only if I lived somewhere cold enough to pull of half the things he wore.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

At the cost of appearing modest, I've always enjoyed what I see in my mirror.

thmage, Neil Patrick Harris always looks good.

I usually like the outfits that Don Draper wears, but his new wife has him wear some oddities in the past few episodes. Daniel Craig's Bond always looks great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Does anybody else think Don Draper's ties are too narrow for his frame? Don't get me wrong, you could do way, way worse for a style icon, but it's just something I've noticed when watching the show. The photo Cannon posted is a little better than most of his skimpier ties. I usually am more inspired by Roger or Pete."

Hmmm. I haven't watched season 5 yet, but I seem to recall Kinsey and Campbell's ties being skinner than Don's. His generally seem less H&Mish, by comparison. He's not a small guy, so I see where you're coming from, but I actually might think the exact opposite - on guys like Cosgrove and Campbell, a skinny tie just seems to lend this Norman Rockwellian vibe to their attire. Skinny guys, skinny suits, skinny ties. I just don't really like super skinny ties in general, but I think Don has a bit more leeway.

I also tend to think that Campbell looks too wirey to really pull off some of the suits he wears. Don looks really good, and he definitely has a presence, but honestly, Roger's always been the one to really impress me with his wardrobe, especially since I'm a fan of the three-piece. I suspect they go for an understated thing with Don that there's no reason to mirror in Roger's choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Don Draper

"Where is this "only button the bottom button on a two-button suit" look coming from? I've even seen many people on the street doing this, purposefully or not."

I don't know; but, I wish it would go back there...it.just.doesn't.work....jackets are constructed specifically to enhance buttoning the top button...anything else just hangs awkwardly. Don't make King Edward VII get medieval on you....

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Roger is old money and dresses the part. I love his looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly! Plus, the occasional double breasts he wears (and their wider lapel), the wider pinstripes/borderline chalkstripes, the elaborate pocket squares... it's all kind of evocative of the best parts of an earlier period in fashion.

P.S. Maybe it comes from when they don't have a matching belt, but also don't want to look stuffy by having both buttons done.