Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: What book are you currently reading?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    I'm reading Authority by Jeff Vandermeer which is the second book in The Southern Reach trilogy. It's great so far. I like the main character much more than in the first book (Annihilation). I'm amazed they made a movie out of the first book, it doesn't seem like it would translate well.

If you got bogged down in the first book and didn't make it to the second, then I highly recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/Authority-Nov.../dp/B00GET18P2

One thing that doesn't get talked about a lot is book design. It's so minor, but the cover on even the paperback is gorgeous: embossed and printed with metallic ink so it catches the light. Interior pages have some nice illustrations too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    50 pages left in Mastery by Robert Greene. It is ok but nothing new and not written in a way that is super entertaining to me. Next up is River of Doubt by Candice Millard

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)
    @thedrake I'm waiting for that book from the library. I finished the first book about a month ago and quite liked it. Here's hoping the second one is just as good.