Thread: Steel Toe Dress Shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is one I couldn't find an answer for in the search. I am taking a new job in a week or so, which will require me to wear steel toe shoes when I am on the manufacturing floor, which will be 50% of my work day.

Right now, I cycle some AE Byrons, Bostonian loafers, CK plain toes, and Rockport Dressport wingtips at the office. I could keep wearing those shoes and just cycle in some oxford looking steel toe shoes everytime I hit the floor, but I would love to have something that looks good when I am on the floor too. Anyone know of a decent steel toe dress shoe?

I found these Rockport Wingtips, but my current Rockport Wingtips are my least comfortable shoe and the proportions just look "off".

http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/mens-steel-toe-shoes/steel-toe-dress-shoes/rockport-rk6741-men-s-dress-wing-tip-steel-toe-shoes.html

I would love to find something that is a low profile brown cap toe or maybe some brogueing (as much as a steel toe will allow). Anyone have any ideas?

I have a $125 allowance from the company, but would be willing to chip in some of my own money if needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4 Then,louis vuitton outlet online, the Japanese government began to and diaoyu islands private "island Lord" negotiation purchase island matters Make sure to keep a little push in my stride

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

songzhang733, you said exactly what I was going to say. Seriously though, I used to work at a place that required steal toes and they had a shoe truck come around once or twice a week. I don't know if your company does that, but it might be something to check out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

That Rockport is probably the dressiest steel toe shoe I've seen. Nice find.

The thing with steel toed shoes is that the toe box is larger (on the more comfortable ones anyway), and that throws off the proportions of a traditional dress shoe. I just switch from my dress shoes into my Wolverine steel-toed boots. It's a pain but I have a hard enough time finding steel toes that are comfortable.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

I work in an office the vast majority of the time, but once or twice a year I'll take a trip to a plant. My experience is that most of the "desk job" folks just keep a pair of steel toe shoes at their desk to change into when they go out on the floor, and wear something comfortable the rest of the time.