Thread: $58 corduroy suits @ Jos A Bank (most colors and sizes still available)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Either you hate them or you don't. (Never heard anyone say they "love" Jos A Bank, but I've never had a particular problem with them when I knew what I was getting myself into.) Take it for what it is, but it's a Jos. A Bank corduroy suit for $58:

<a href="http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_335272">

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_335272</a>

I wasn't able to try one on in the store, but they had me try on one that they said was similarly cut. It's their "tailored fit". It's not like a Tommy Hilfiger trim fit, but it's not sloppy, either. At the very least, it's close enough that you could safely pay a tailor to dial it in. If I recall, the shoulders may have been just slightly larger than they needed to be. Sizing down is always an option for those that are concerned, but I found that sizing down was a tad tight in the shoulders for me.

The wale guage is reportedly rather narrow, and the pics would tend to agree. My suits should be arriving on Wednesday or Thursday so I can report back if anyone wants to wait that long. They still have a full range of sizes so inventory doesn't appear to be an issue, but who knows where the prices will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They look decent. I wear a 36S, and I was digging the brown, but sigh, they only have the tank in 36S. Still a good deal. Let me know how the fit and fabric is.

What we do in life echos throughout eternity.
    -Maximus

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

FWIW, the tan is my favorite (at least in pictures). I ordered tan and brown, but I'm most optimistic for the tan. I will probably only keep one or the other unless they exceed my expectations (which for $50, are pretty easy to exceed).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I kind of like that dark brown. Any more info on what the shoulder padding is like? I'm wonding if this could work as a sportcoat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I won't have any further info on the shoulders until my suits come in on Wednesday or Thursday. However, being as casual as they, as see absolutely no reason in the world why they couldn't be used as sport coats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Even with shipping to Canada and taxes it's under $100. That's not bad. I could use a brown jacket...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Looks like it got listed on the Dappered home page.