Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

I didn't really follow the sale, but were these firsts? If not, the abnormal fitting may be a case of getting what you pay for. My AE firsts fit really well through the heel, but that's obviously personal vs universal. I'm currently trying to break in some Grensons and there's a little movement that I'm hoping will go away with some time.

As for the sweating, seems like it'd be odd for it to happen with one all leather shoe and not with a similar style of all leather in another brand.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

I think that the cause of a lot of these complaints arise from purchasing shoes without first trying them on. Each AE shoe has a length, width, and last. They feel wonderful if all three measurements are correct.

shad0w4life, it sounds as though you're not used to all-leather shoes. It takes a long time to get used to them. They fit and feel different. Also, wearing all-leather shoes during the summer will cause your feet to sweat. It's the nature of the beast.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

It was from outlet so I will assume they are seconds, but the strawfuts did show up in flannel bags. I'm sure there are better fits, maybe a C would work better but my loose fitting 11's from Kenneth cole and Rockport are very comfy compared. They were still listed at $259 on the spredsheet I was sent, so it wasn't like they were flagged as seconds off the line and they looked mint when I got them.

I wouldn't expect something that is pretty much an ideal fit from a common shoe fitting perspective to be so uncomfortable, hardly much room in the back of heel etc, it hugs my foot around the middle etc. When I first tried them on after getting them they were quite comfy, it's usually after a few hours they become an annoyance. I will still be looking to buy some Park Aves and Strands though...damnit

And what it might be is, the KC and RP shoes I have are slip ons and also the heels are very soft leather/liner and bends easy. Where the AEs are fairly rigid around the hell and ankle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw someone post that they believed a sale would be going on in November...Anyone know when?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

There was a 2 for $200 last November, after doing some Googling it looks like it was during the first two weeks of the month. If they do this again this year, my wallet may run and hide...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    <blockquote>

If they do this again this year, my wallet may run and hide... </blockquote>

Really? Mine might come out to play! My only regret on the last 2 for $200 was that I only got 2 pairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I emailed the ME store, answer was:

* Nov 5 - 21 = 2 for $300

o Neumok brown, blue

o Mayfair

o Tampa

o Links

o Walden

Guess I won't be getting Strands, Players or Parks in 2012

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

That's pretty weak...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

With the rise in prices...I'm thinking the 2:200 deals is all but history now. From the CEO:

"It depends on the leather used and whether our plant is working overtime (as it is regularly these days). Cordovan leather costs a great deal more per foot than calfskin. Cordovan takes much longer to tan in a more complex process. Certain calfskin colors are also more expensive. The total cost is over $100 on a direct production costing basis. Indirect costs such as inventorying, delivery, systems, stores, as well as marketing etc. add up a lot, too. Improving our overall profitability is a goal of ours so we can invest more into growing our business."

Sounds like they would be losing money with 2:200 dollar deals now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

They were probably losing money before, too. I asked the guy at the AE outlet when he thought there may be another one and he said the last one was "once in a lifetime" and that it will likely never happen again. Like I said, I should have bought more. :-P