Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmonds 2 for $200 Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Trash, whats this heel gripper you're talking about?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I'm planning to return both - the players & the bayfields and ordered these instead:

Lombards Walnut

AE Seven - Vinci

Van Ness Black Calf

Thoughts?

I think Lombards Walnut is a like for like replacement for Players walnut..

Vinci sound like they're made in Italy, soft leather (I need one in soft leather because my current soft leather ones might be busted come year end)..

I do have a pair of Park aves I ebayed recently I was tempted to get the Van Ness since Edward said I could buy 3 pairs for 300 esp. since returning is going to be easy..

And as far as returns, I never realized AE had a store in Boston!! let alone 2 .. and one of them is on my way to work..

Allen Edmonds 'Seven' - Vinci

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

@BrownCow, these. You stick them on the inside heel of the shoe to fill in the gap. I haven't used them in dress shoes yet, but I wonder how long the adhesive will stick. They're cheap though, so worth a try (you can probably find them in dollar stores).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Called UPS about the fees. They said they had no mention of the shoes being made in the USA. They also said that I could try to correct the situation by contacting the seller, but there would be a $15 correction fee to modify my $17.92 duty. Ridiculous.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

I'm using those same heel grippers now in a pair of J&M's.

Honestly, they are just a huge PITA. You always end up stepping on them as you put your foot in and getting them misaligned. You're always better off getting a good fitting shoe if you can.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

Anyone know how long we have to return shoes bought from this sale? 30 days? 14 days?

I want to make sure I get them back in time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Can you return in store?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

@zerostyle agreed, they are a hassle. Another option is a tongue pad (basically just an adhesive pad you adhere to the underside of the shoe upper) which helps push your foot back a bit and stay snug in the heel. These pads are sometimes useful for fine-tuning a slightly loose fit, but if the shoe is just too big they almost never get the job done in my experience.

I think a cobbler can actually stitch some leather padding within the heel as a much more durable option to fill in the heel gap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@zerostyle I was told we were able to return the shoes whenever, no time limit.

@nftmlk I just returned 1 out of the 4 pairs i purchased to a local allen edmonds (non outlet) yesterday.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The lombards have a rubber sole. Can you have those resoled once they wear out?