Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self-tailoring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Out of curiousity, has anyone here every tried tailoring their own clothes at all? It sounds like a fun and useful skill to have, so I might try to learn this summer. Obviously, I wouldn't expect a non-professional to do any sort of suit tailoring, but have you guys tried slimming your own shirts or pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm in the process of learning. My mother is a seamstress, so I have the tools, but I've kinda been self teaching myself in my free time/when I'm home (I'm a college student). I tried to slim down a shirt, and it got a shade complicated for my amateur skills. Pants are very doable though, since it's a simple procedure, but be aware that without an overlock/serger machine, you either will have a large excess of fabric inside the leg (which you can iron down and it wouldn't really be a problem) or do some sort of funky zig zag stitch to finish the seam.

I of course am a complete amateur, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<P>When we believe this runescape money we are forgiven Like runescape accounts natural disasters, fires can runescape powerleveling be deadly An runescape power leveling elaborate A, amp; Litwack, chi flat iron S The options are endless! A buy runescape money gas pump buy cheap runescape gold allows runescape gold children to rs accounts fill things up, including their rs items bikes, wagons, rs powerleveling wheelchairs, buy rs gold or even cheap runescape money shoes</P>

<P></P>

<P>When kids in cheap rs gold a fire see firemen in full http://www.runescapegoldcity.com gear, they may http://www.vipflatiron.com become chi flat iron startled chi flat irons If you rs gold do these two simple things your child should be able to rs money readHistory' runescape items to read chi hair straightener with full swingCharter schools: There is in our city several cheap runescape gold charter runescape money schools, some free of charge to chi hair straightener residents Inspiring children to learn whilst doing something they runescape gold enjoy rs gold can only buy runescape gold be beneficial for them developing through their childhood rs money years</P>

<P></P>

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

I'm in the midst of making a pair of pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

My sister just received a sewing machine as a gift. I would like to learn how to use it in order to make simple alterations on my own, such as hemming pants and darting shirts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

As I'm sure is the case for plenty of people in here, my mom grew up making her own clothes. Even into my early childhood, she made clothes for herself, my dad, and me. However, it's not really anything I've ever wanted to learn. Sure would be handy, but I just feel like I've got other things to do... Like watch TV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My tailor is so affordable and talented that it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Mna this is something that has been on my mind all yr, i may never be able to tailor a suit jacket but if i could learn to taper and hem pants, slim down sleeves and dart shirts, i would be golden. But as with everything else, there is the opportunity cost invloved, where i dont want to spend valuable time acquiring a a new skill...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have thought about this a lot as well. Time and initial costs have me avoiding it so far. But I am sure it would pay for itself at some point, and if you enjoy it, why the heck not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I would like to learn how to sew back a button, but I don't think I would go past that.