Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cocktail attire is requested"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    That suit is a solid choice. For shoes, my vote is the merlot Park Aves. For the shirt, I would keep it simple and stick with the light blue. Agreed on the satin tie choice, but purple wouldn't be my first pick.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I agree that a satin tie is more evening appropriate. I also dont think you should feel restricted to black footwear for cocktail attire. I regularly go with dark brown footwear with navy suit for cocktail required attire. I personally think a really nice solid white shirt is the way to go though if you plan to liven up the tie/ps.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I personally think a really nice solid white shirt is the way to go though if you plan to liven up the tie/ps.
    I'm working under the assumption that there's no suitable white shirt in the closet. Otherwise, I prefer a white shirt, too. You can see today's WIWT entry for a party I went to this past Saturday as proof. But if you don't have one, don't feel bad about a light blue shirt, and couple it with a plain white linen pocket square. I would also go with a dark tie.

I guess I would dress for a cocktail party similarly to dressing for a job interview, except I might leave the pocket square at home for an interview.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I actually have a great white herringbone shirt that I'm quite pleased with.

Based on what I read, I was looking for something a little more colorful. I will probably go light blue or white.

As for shoes, it's sort of a moot point because the Dark Brown Fifths didn't arrive. The Strands did and they look beautiful. But not sure if that's my best choice for this event.

Basically, my thought was to either to go for a little flair with the leather or the shirt/tie. But not both.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by redbeardedmike; November 13th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.