Page 331 of 332 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3315

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Finally got my first SS suit - a charcoal Napoli. Any feedback appreciated. There is something weird going on with the collar, possibly because I was standing in an awkward stance to take the picture, but it normally looks fine. I feel like the jacket shoulders and length are ok too.

Are the pants too skinny? I'm a very skinny guy so somewhat thinner/more fitted pant legs are generally preferable to having a lot of extra fabric flapping around when I walk.

Yes. IMHO the pants are too skinny.

The jacket though looks good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    I recently purchased a Lazio jacket from Suit Supply. Normally I'm a 42R but in this jacket that was too tight. It is one of their slim cut jackets.

So on the advice of a forum member I sized up and went with a 44R.

I'm happy with the fit from the front. The back less so. I'm not 100% sure if it's the jacket as I have one shoulder higher then the other which might account for the appearance of pulling.

Just wanted a 3rd party opinion. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    You're right the front does look pretty good. Can you take it to a tailor and get their opinion on if there's anything they can do about the back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have two blazers I'm trying to decide on keeping or returning. I'm most curious about if the shoulders fit right. I've read that's the most important thing to fit well and can't tell if it looks a little funny because of the padding there or if the fit is wrong. Any advice is appreciated!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    You're right the front does look pretty good. Can you take it to a tailor and get their opinion on if there's anything they can do about the back?
    Thanks for replying.

Yes I guess I could visit the tailor. I started looking online and I saw several videos where creases can be corrected. The ones I saw were symmetrical but I am sure the process is similar.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1092 Post(s)
    @dgamby - In the first brown SC pic, your right shoulder has a slight divot. I have this as well and it doesn't bother me too much. I think this can be fixed by adjusting the sleeve pitch so if you want to spend $50 and have a competent tailor, they can remove the arm and reattached at a better angle to fix.

But I think both look fine as is. You could slightly fix the back from the wrinkles with tailoring but it is up to you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @dgamby - In the first brown SC pic, your right shoulder has a slight divot. I have this as well and it doesn't bother me too much. I think this can be fixed by adjusting the sleeve pitch so if you want to spend $50 and have a competent tailor, they can remove the arm and reattached at a better angle to fix.

But I think both look fine as is. You could slightly fix the back from the wrinkles with tailoring but it is up to you.
    Thanks for the input. They were 50 each so I probably won't spend the money to have any major tailoring done. Might shorten the sleeves a hair. I just wanted to make sure they didn't look off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgamby View Post
    Thanks for the input. They were 50 each so I probably won't spend the money to have any major tailoring done. Might shorten the sleeves a hair. I just wanted to make sure they didn't look off.
    They don't look way off but the shoulders could be improved a tad. If I paid 50 for a coat, I'd take some of the savings and have my tailor fit it perfectly for me (you can make something that was very affordable look like it's a million bucks with good tailoring). But if you didn't, I don't think anyone would say they're poorly fit as is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    They don't look way off but the shoulders could be improved a tad. If I paid 50 for a coat, I'd take some of the savings and have my tailor fit it perfectly for me (you can make something that was very affordable look like it's a million bucks with good tailoring). But if you didn't, I don't think anyone would say they're poorly fit as is.
    That's helpful. I had a bad experience with my last tailor and will likely be looking for a new one. Probably will start off with something smaller than removing the sleeve when I try out a new tailor. I may get some work done on these down the road but wanted to make sure that they were passable as is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgamby View Post
    That's helpful. I had a bad experience with my last tailor and will likely be looking for a new one. Probably will start off with something smaller than removing the sleeve when I try out a new tailor. I may get some work done on these down the road but wanted to make sure that they were passable as is.
    They are. I don't think many people pay attention to fit as much as we do. I have a really great tailor and would always recommend finding one, yourself. Not many things fit me well off the rack so that was important for me. I can get away with wearing things OTR enough of the time but the difference that my tailor can make is very noticeable to me and worth it for a lot of what I wear. And if he doesn't think he can improve something enough for me to spend the money on it, he'll tell me so. I think it's worth some time on Yelp and shopping around, if you have the inclination.