Page 308 of 311 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3106

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Recently snagged this on sale. Size is 40 r, tried on a 38r and it was very tight in all areas so I went with the 40. Already plan to have a tailor take in the waist and taper the pants (not really pictured). How's the rest of the fit? It's a bar III from Macy's so it has decently sized shoulder pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)
    @beaver - Looks really good OTR. Nipping the waist a bit will help give it some more shape. The back looks fine though, depending on the tailor, some will mess with the back and some won't. I could live with those sleeves for the cost of the suit. There is some extra fabric at the back of them you could potentially take out but it really depends on how much you want to spend.

I would just go with the waist for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    @JBarwick - Appreciate it. I prefer smaller shoulder pads so these take a little getting used to but other than that I enjoy the fit. The sleeves on my shirt are a tad long (laundry day) so I plan not touch the jacket sleeves. Good to see a consensus on just getting the waist done

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Man that is a really nice overall fit for OTR. Feeling pretty jealous. A good OTR fit is a pipe dream for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    This forum is what lead me to it honestly, tons of great reviews on them (bar III slim suit). I was surprised by the decently fit from a macy's OTR suit, considering past purchases there from what they called "slim" fit like a $300 trashbag (I'm looking at you Tommy Hilfiger). For anyone looking into them, they run on sale randomly in the range of $100-$220 (full price is like 425 for the jacket, $175 on pants). Snagged this one up at $91 tax included after the jacket rang up at $50 instead of $100. Quality of the fabric isn't as high as J Crew ludlow (this is 52% wool, 48% polyester) but the OTR fit is better in the bar III (is shorter in the arms, slightly larger shoulder pads, slimmer in the chest and jacket waist, and tighter waist on the pants).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Got this ludlow in Irish linen on sale and I'm starting to think I should have sized down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dear all,

Slowly upping my game, following 6-mo of reading here. Thanks to Joe, the team, and all you guys here.

I want to start wearing some sportcoats and figured the JCrew unconstructed ones were a good place to start. I think these both fit ok-ish, but have two concerns.

1. They may be a touch short (both 40R).

2. There is some slight bow to the lapels, made worse going up to a 40L.

Grey herringbone:

Blue herringbone:

(as a PS, I now understand how hard it is to take a decent photo!).

Many thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post
    Got this ludlow in Irish linen on sale and I'm starting to think I should have sized down

Agree on the sizing. As a note, I bought a tan sport coat in linen and hardly wear it. It has just never been versatile enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    Dear all,

Slowly upping my game, following 6-mo of reading here. Thanks to Joe, the team, and all you guys here.

I want to start wearing some sportcoats and figured the JCrew unconstructed ones were a good place to start. I think these both fit ok-ish, but have two concerns.

Many thanks
    Can you post these as individual pics instead of 3 together? It is hard to tell anything on the lapels with the grainy pictures. For length though, a long would help with the body but could be an issue with the sleeves depending on how much longer they go. With J.Crew you run into the functioning button holes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver View Post

Agree on the sizing. As a note, I bought a tan sport coat in linen and hardly wear it. It has just never been versatile enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    Dear all,

Many thanks
    Can you post these as individual pics instead of 3 together? It is hard to tell anything on the lapels with the grainy pictures. For length though, a long would help with the body but could be an issue with the sleeves depending on how much longer they go. With J.Crew you run into the functioning button holes.